How many carried these lights?

How many of you carried one of these back in the day? Rigged it up with a seatbelt? I bought mine at Modells on Fordham Road back then.

Attachments

• 7312C952-18DC-4EEE-BA41-63C8D1F4E024.jpeg
    7312C952-18DC-4EEE-BA41-63C8D1F4E024.jpeg
    23.4 KB · Views: 6
Great post - Everready 6 volt lantern and Fireball Gloves (from one of my previous posts). Stay safe brother

Yes most of us used the Garrity light as well. And the old inner tube holder. We used to pick up a few tubes from the local tire shops and keep them in the firehouse for whoever needed them. Over the years more and more tires became tubeless. Then commercial fire equipment companies began selling a helmet kit with Garrity light, rubber band and a door chock (lol ). We used to stop by lumber store and get scrap wood and make our own door chocks a milk crate at a time. Now there are all kinds of LED lights with brackets for helmets.

Yes Willy, good stuff. For the saw slings we used to acquire them from the moving companies, the lifting and moving straps they used. Then we would take it to the shoe repair guy who would stitch it into a look on his heavy duty sewing machine. It was a time of innovation and make due - I loved it. Now everything is bought online. The trips to the lumber shop , tire store, moving companies and shoe stores to acquire the materials to make these items - along with the group arts and craft time on the apparatus floor building and making them was great for comraderie - great times and great memories