How will Congestion pricing affect Members assigned to Manhattan houses south of 60th

My curiosity is peaked lol. Any discussion or official plans regarding NYPD and FDNY members assigned to houses south of 60th street after this BS congestion fee goes into effect. They are talking about $9 to $23 a day. Will the members be exempted?

Cap, I doubt it. The City is looking to take every nickel it can get and that includes FD and PD as well. Just look at the current medical benefits debacle for retirees that is going on. In addition, every group in the land will be suing, protesting and reacting unfavorably if exemptions are made. I apologize for my pessimism but that's what my gut tells me regarding this.

Cap, I doubt it. The City is looking to take every nickel it can get and that includes FD and PD as well. Just look at the current medical benefits debacle for retirees that is going on. In addition, every group in the land will be suing, protesting and reacting unfavorably if exemptions are made. I apologize for my pessimism but that's what my gut tells me regarding this.
Please no need to apologize. Your pessimism is warranted. Thanks for the response Stay safe

Unions should carve out a differential for the brothers who will be affected by this.
That was one of my first thoughts. How can a select group of members be significantly penalized financially because of the houses they are assigned to? Yes, differential pay at the very least

My question is, how is this gonna happen. Are they just going to set up Toll Plazas at every North/South Intersection on 60th Street? And FD and PD should be exempt from this. And this pricing probably isn't gonna go anywhere.  Subways are a thing. So unless the city plans to jack up Subway Fare this is gonna go as far as the Army trying to use Bats as Bombs.

Just a guess Darrell, I would say that they erect plate readers at southbound 60th street intersections. Probably the type that is currently used at bridges and tunnels for tolling.

Just a guess Darrell, I would say that they erect plate readers at southbound 60th street intersections. Probably the type that is currently used at bridges and tunnels for tolling.
The rest of the country uses EZ Tag placed in the center of the windshield. I get a detailed report of activity each month. The NSA has no trouble keeping track of me. The overhead reader also has no trouble reading the sticker as I go by at 85mph with a F-150 right behind me wondering why I have to go so slow.

The rest of the country uses EZ Tag placed in the center of the windshield. I get a detailed report of activity each month. The NSA has no trouble keeping track of me. The overhead reader also has no trouble reading the sticker as I go by at 85mph with a F-150 right behind me wondering why I have to go so slow.
If the NSA was any good at their job, they would have found Amelia Earhart and D.B. Cooper by now too, but noooo...they're too busy tracking me.

One of my room mates in college got a PhD in electrical engineering. He worked for the NSA at Sandia National Laboratory. His group built satellite sensors to detect illegal Soviet nuclear weapons testing.

My Uncle Paul worked for the NSA developing high resolution radar. He got his start in the 1950's as a NCO in the USAF in Lapland (Finland). When he arrived there, he was welcomed by name by Radio Moscow.

If they wanted to find you, they could. At least back then, our country was in good hands. They always knew a lot more than they would tell me!

This program just pretty much just Adams giving the finger to OOS Drivers. FDNY, NYPD, EMS, DSNY and other City Agenices/State Agencies. FDNY/NYPD is a big issue in this. But OOS Drivers, and OOS people who work in NYC. (Example, alot of NYC Taxi Drivers live in NJ) Bus Drivers are a big issue here, Academy, COACH USA, Community Lines, Lakeland Bus Lines, Martz Trailways, NJ Transit, OurBus, Spanish Transportation, Trans-Bridge, Trailways of New York, C&J, MegaBus, Peter Pan Bus Lines, Gray Line NY, and RIDE all use PABT. Majority of these Companies use the Holland/Lincoln Tunnels and or the GWB. I think we all know majority of these Companies already don't like having to pay for EZ-Pass. And now they have to pay for Tolls before 60th? What has NYC come to.

According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 a business left NY State on net every 18 hours. In 2020 and 2021 a business headquarters relocated to Texas every six days (most from California). A study by Smart Asset estimated that if a person in Manhattan who earned $200,000 per year moved to Miami, they would save $64,567 every year. Unemployment in New York City is three times that of Miami. And Miami citizens are dodging sunshine, not sidewalk poop. That's what NYC has come to....by popular vote.

Just a dumb question but I have heard FDNY and NYPD have to pay the VZ Bridge toll? True?
The only toll/ fare I know about is that the NYPD get free LI Railroad passes. I know this because my son is NYPD and commutes from Long Is. It’s not all gravy though as he is expected to aid Conductors with problem passengers. Which he had had to do numerous times. So the LIRR let’s them ride free instead of hiring security.

According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 a business left NY State on net every 18 hours. In 2020 and 2021 a business headquarters relocated to Texas every six days (most from California). A study by Smart Asset estimated that if a person in Manhattan who earned $200,000 per year moved to Miami, they would save $64,567 every year. Unemployment in New York City is three times that of Miami. And Miami citizens are dodging sunshine, not sidewalk poop. That's what NYC has come to....by popular vote.
Very sad.....but true, not San Francisco..... but never say never. NYC residents wake up.

Not sure about today but I always had to pay it when I covered off & on in R*5 in the late Eighties.
And the weird part was you paid full fare for the bridge, while a Staten Island resident working in Brooklyn got a hefty discount