ladder 50 relocation to ladder 53

hey guys just thought that this one is wierd. Ladder 50 was relocated to L53 on city island at 1800 tonight while L53 went to training at the rock. Jus wondering why they would send 53 to the rock when they are not supposed to be inservice and why they would relocate 50 to 53 when normally they wouldn't be in service. I was at 50 truck early and even the members were baffled ?

53 was supposed to be shut down but then they realized it would be a while before the 2nd due truck would make it so the kep them open.

J

ja488

The companies that are supposed to be closed for the night tour(E-4, 161, 271, & TLl-53) are only being closed when there is not surplus manpower. So, that means, if the manpower is there to staff the company for the tour, it will be staffed. Now, Tl-53, when in service, is a must fill company, meaning if they are on a run, or training etc. for more than 1/2 hour, they need a relocator. So, if they were in service for the night tour, and were to go to the rock for training, they would get a relocator.

Doesn't make sense that they don't get a relocator due to the nighttime closings, but that's the city for you.

i think that was the case ......there was a surplus in manpower and 53 was open tonight.....i jus spoke with one of the members and before when they were sent to relocate there they were not sure if 53 was going to be in service or not

FDNY220122 said:
53 was supposed to be shut down but then they realized it would be a while before the 2nd due truck would make it so the kep them open.

Negative. Like said before L-53 is staffed when there is a surplus of guys. But when there isn't extras then they are closed for the 6X.

And to make it even more interesting, just as 50 was getting on to the Island, the Rock called and cancelled 53's training.