Map - 2014 All Hands Boxes

In an effort to see any patterns in FDNY fire activity, I have plotted all 2014 All Hands (or greater) Boxes in Google Maps.

I have posted it here in case anyone else is interested.
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/u/0/edit?authuser=0&hl=en&mid=z-slmQU3f8Io.kRP88PIOcocM

Please note; I am certain that there are errors and omissions.  I gathered all of the information from posts on this site and will continue to update the map until the end of the year.
Enjoy!

Color Key:
Red = All Hands
Blue = 2nd Alarm
Purple = 3rd Alarm
Yellow = 4th Alarm
Black = 5th Alarm or Incident of Greater Significance

mack

Administrator
Excellent work.  Jobs distributed across the entire city.  Outside city, too.  Thanks.

Great job with the map firephish! Thanks for doing what I was definitely hoping someone would do!

Seriously a job well done, Phish... thanks for taking the time to put it together I certainly am enjoying it!

Very interesting stuff

Thank You all.

If anyone has an idea of information that you would like to see gathered in the future, please let me know.  I would like to collect data in 2015 that is not collected elsewhere (unit transmitting the 10-75, 1st, 2nd, & 3rd due, etc.).  Obviously I have no connection to FDNY, therefore the info that I collect would have to be from listening to radio transmissions. 

Yeah, a lot of all hands with few multiples. ..Must be good firefighters with good supervisors... ;)

scamall dubh said:
Looks like the middle of the Bronx has a good concentration of fire duty.
Battalions 17, 18 & 19
Lots of fire duty in these areas also: Flatbush BK, Bed-Stuy BK, Borough Park/Sunset Park BK, Brownsville BK, the Corona QNS area and Jamacia QNS areas. Midtown and the Tribeca areas of MAN also look like their seeing more and more work lately. North Shore areas of SI such as New Brighton and Mariners Harbor are also seeing consistent work. South Shore of SI also seeing some evenly distributed jobs lately.

All of these areas have always been busy, this map shows their still pumping out jobs.

Battalions in the above areas include the: 21, 22, 23, 40, 48, 57, 50, 8, 9, 44, 33, 37.

Of course. Most any all hands could be a multiple without the professionalism of the firefighters throughout the city.

It was an inside joke.

The action in Brooklyn (as usual) centers around Brownsville, East New York, Crown Heights, Bed-Stuy, Bushwick, and Flatbush. Both Borough Park and Coney Island have been picking up work as well. Brooklyn still remains the "Borough of Fire".

For the Bronx, definitely the 17th, 18th, and 19th are the busiest areas for fire duty. The 14th and 15th also look to have been catching a decent amount of work.

For Manhattan, the work seems to be pretty spread out. Tribeca and Midtown areas have especially been seeing work lately.

In Queens, areas around Jamaica, Corona, and Flushing definitely see a lot of work. Astoria also has been catching a fair amount of fires.

As for Staten Island, the North Shore is most consistent for work.

fdny1075k said:
The action in Brooklyn (as usual) centers around Brownsville, East New York, Crown Heights, Bed-Stuy, Bushwick, and Flatbush. Both Borough Park and Coney Island have been picking up work as well. Brooklyn still remains the "Borough of Fire".

For the Bronx, definitely the 17th, 18th, and 19th are the busiest areas for fire duty. The 14th and 15th also look to have been catching a decent amount of work.

For Manhattan, the work seems to be pretty spread out. Tribeca and Midtown areas have especially been seeing work lately.

In Queens, areas around Jamaica, Corona, and Flushing definitely see a lot of work. Astoria also has been catching a fair amount of fires.

As for Staten Island, the North Shore is most consistent for work.
  ;D Coney has seemed busier lately

awesome map...... would love to see firehouse locations as well......... im sure its a ton of work but it would be cool to see which houses are right around the areas of alot of work.... and which houses are right in those areas of no dots............

SI1075 said:
awesome map...... would love to see firehouse locations as well......... im sure its a ton of work but it would be cool to see which houses are right around the areas of alot of work.... and which houses are right in those areas of no dots............

That is a good idea. 
I am currently working on a unit location map.  Hopefully I can match them together.

Great Work, phish ! ( Willie - I Think  we have a Contender for Next MVP ! )