Mayor Adams to cut all NYC agencies by 5%

I saw this shit coming when over 50,000 people came across the border to NYC. Buckle up fire fans, you are going to see fire companies closed, and the new Super Pumper may have gotten to see its first and last run in the new budget for NYC.

New York City became a sanctuary city - not in Washington, not in Albany, but be MAYORAL PROCLAMATION by then Mayor "How am I doin'?" Ed Koch. The problem could easily be solved by the current mayor simply revoking that proclamation and stopping any further influx of migrants...I mean asylum seekers from entering the city until the current situation could be stabilized.
Meanwhile, our children and grandchildren are mandated to have all required immunizations and vaccinations to attend school. At the same time, more than 28,000 migrant children are being mainstreamed into city public schools - mixed in with our own children WITHOUT any verification of any shot records at all!

A lot of us here went through the layoffs in the mid 70's when the City was on the verge of bankruptcy. The Fire Marshals are chopped first and then the Firefighters. When the layoffs hit, Co.s were closed because of manpower shortages. Military time kept some of us from being laid off. A guy in my house was appointed June of 68 and was laid off for a day because of no vet time. Back then it was the incompetency of the City Politicians and now it's the incompetent President and his radical team. Who's going to have to pay for all the illegal aliens getting free food, health care and boarding, we know the Prez isn't? Let the middle class hard working people who voted for me pay.

All he and Holchul have to do to regain control is renounce NYC status as a sanctuary city, put illegal immigrants in tent facilities instead of hotels and publicly demand that Biden close our borders. But they will not do that and fly the plane all the way into the ground .

Renouncing this is not going to help. My understanding is that this problem goes back to a Federal Court mandate from the 1970's. In the 1960's mental health hospitals were being closed down by do-gooders who thought they were cruel (and the advent of medical treatment). This led to increasing homelessness. This, in turn, led to even more do-gooders in New York suing to force government to provide shelter. The Court agreed; the City didn't appeal .....and here we are.

Of course, back then no one knew about drugs, human trafficking, Mexican cartels, or the concept of a United States Government that would not enforce immigration laws.

I take a backseat to no one when it comes to a low regard of the political class, but..."that mad man from Texas"? Lighten up Eric. You obviously haven't looked in a mirror.

Back in 92 when I was a Marshal, I had a fire under the Manhattan bridge, on the Manhattan side. There were homeless people hanging out there and one guy had a refrigerator box that was his home. I asked why he was there and he said he loved it because nobody bothered him and he wasn't going to change his lifestyle. So homeless people have been a long ongoing problem in the big apple. I guess once you get used to doing something it becomes second nature to some people. Like me driving to the Firehouse for 24 years and then going to the Marshals for 7 more.

I heard this morning from some firefighters that the department is looking at chopping those 20 companies they were going to close a number of years ago.

as far as cutbacks go..the only good thing about closing companies is that it gets the community boards involved

It has been reported that the Randall's Island illegal immigrant resort will cost $20 million/ month to operate- or $10,000/ month/ illegal alien- or $120,000/ year.

For comparison, the average American citizen on public assistance gets- per year

$13,200 housing subsidies
$8,346 Medicaid
$234 food stamps
$7,404 Supplemental Security Income
$418 Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
$2,411 earned income tax credits

or more than $32,00/ year

Then there's the 528,105 NYCHA residents waiting on $78 billion in deferred maintenance

Next, there is Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas who has given each of his 260,000 employees an additional 115 hours of leave since 2021 at a cost of $1.2 billion to the taxpayers "trying to buy friends" (since they hate his guts).

Lastly, in the year ending in April, 2023, 111,000 citizens died of drug overdoses, thanks to Mexican cartels who CAN control the border.

How about this. And let me say it as nicely and delicately as I can. Other than saying it’s wrong to close any companies. Or that the department is understaffed, STFU guessing what companies or any might be affected. Don’t give them any thoughts or insight into how anyone other than them thinks what may happen. Don’t give them any ideas it. Always keep your cards close to chest and don’t telegraph anything to them. Most of the people on this site are not on FDNY - and that’s fine…. Let’s just stay quiet other than our support for the members who will be affected in many ways.