Mosque

EXCELLENT POST.......Thanks Mike & Thanks to those who made it.......as stated at the end ....Pass It Around.

Thanks Mike for posting that. America has certainly had its share of sorrowful days. I remember the day our President, John Kennedy got shot. The country came to a halt for three days. Of course before my time was the attack on Pearl Harbor. But by far, I believe the Worst Day in this country's history is when they attacked us on that beautiful September morning. Mothers, fathers, Firefighters, Police Officers, and hundreds of others taken away from us. For no reason at all.

Building that Mosque in lower Manhattan certainly is rubbing salt into the wound. I think the NY Govenor (Gov Paterson) has suggested building it some place else. Why not do that ??????

i just signed these petions they may or may not help but one of them had about 103000 signatures on it. i am personally against this simply because its a slap in the face to 9/11 survivors and New Yorkers. And all the liberals are doing is calling anyone that opposes it a racist which is a ridiculous claim because several Muslim leaders are opposed to it.
http://stopthe911mosque.com/take-action/petitions/

mercurygrandmarquis1 said:
i just signed these petions they may or may not help but one of them had about 103000 signatures on it. i am personally against this simply because its a slap in the face to 9/11 survivors and New Yorkers. And all the liberals are doing is calling anyone that opposes it a racist which is a ridiculous claim because several Muslim leaders are opposed to it.
http://stopthe911mosque.com/take-action/petitions/

I agree Zack,..... nice job.

I agree with this opinion: Quote nfd2004: Building that Mosque in lower Manhattan certainly is rubbing salt into the wound. I think the NY Governor (Gov Paterson) has suggested building it some place else. Why not do that? ???

Legally they have every right to build it there, and they should be allowed. They have done nothing wrong and shouldn't be catorgized as all evil. It has nothing to do with ground zero and is not on that land. Im not siding with what they are doing, but they have a right to build it just like we have a right to protest it.

MP1234 said:
Legally they have every right to build it there, and they should be allowed. They have done nothing wrong and shouldn't be catorgized as all evil. It has nothing to do with ground zero and is not on that land. Im not siding with what they are doing, but they have a right to build it just like we have a right to protest it.
  You are also correct ;)

It's a local New York City issue and if emotions run wild, rational thinking does not come into play and then you just fall into what the terrorists want, mayhem,anarchy and hate. Terrorists don't act or think like a common criminal.

See 68jk09, your grouping all Muslims as terriorists which they arent and letting your emotions get in the way. I work with muslims and trust my life to them just as much as i trust the other guy and for you to group them all together really does offend me. Please try to base your response on a more mature level.

MP1234 said:
See 68jk09, your grouping all Muslims as terriorists which they arent and letting your emotions get in the way. I work with muslims and trust my life to them just as much as i trust the other guy and for you to group them all together really does offend me. Please try to base your response on a more mature level.

'MP', my wife worked with a doctor who is a Muslim. He has moved away from the area within the last year. He recently contacted her and told her that the construction of the mosque in the vicinity of Ground Zero should not be permitted. Aware of the murder of so many of my friends and Brothers by Muslim terrorists, he urged her to tell me to fight against it as it would stand as a tribute to the evil acts of the terrorists. Check out the link below and give it a read:

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/publications/id.7144/pub_detail.asp

By the way 'MP', I don't know if you are on the job, and if you are I don't know if you were on yet when 9/11 occurred, but for those of us who were there, it changed our lives and our families' lives forever. We'll "Never Forget" what these swine did in the name of Islam.

Also, to infer that  '68jk09' is "not mature" confirms that you know nothing about him. I had the honor of working with him years ago. He is an excellent fire officer and a great American. One thing that he is not is "immature".

Stay safe.

69 METS said:
MP1234 said:

'MP', my wife worked with a doctor who is a Muslim. He has moved away from the area within the last year. He recently contacted her and told her that the construction of the mosque in the vicinity of Ground Zero should not be permitted. Aware of the murder of so many of my friends and Brothers by Muslim terrorists, he urged her to tell me to fight against it as it would stand as a tribute to the evil acts of the terrorists. Check out the link below and give it a read:

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/publications/id.7144/pub_detail.asp

By the way 'MP', I don't know if you are on the job, and if you are I don't know if you were on yet when 9/11 occurred, but for those of us who were there, it changed our lives and our families' lives forever. We'll "Never Forget" what these swine did in the name of Islam.

Also, to infer that  '68jk09' is "not mature" confirms that you know nothing about him. I had the honor of working with him years ago. He is an excellent fire officer and a great American. One thing that he is not is "immature".

Stay safe.

I totally agree with this, 68jk09 is definitely top shelf.

A Mosque in Murfreesboro,TN was heavily damaged over the weekend. Apparently was over the NYC issue. According to the Media outlets this one particular Mosque has given back so much to the Community and even opened their door's to all people during the GREAT May Flood. I totally understand the protest in NYC but if it SPREADS to other regions, makes the NYC issue look plain RACIST against ANY Mosque. I know that people and mostly NY'ers are upset over the WTC one but we can't have it spread or else their is no meaning to it.....

I wasn't calling 68jk09 immature, i had said that his comment was immature. I took it as him grouping all Muslims as terrorists which i took offense too. That's all I'm saying. I am on the job and i live in New York. I'm not saying hes not a great guy, all i said was about his comment. I also never said I support the building of the Mosque, I support the freedom that they have to build it.

In the '60 s i was a MARINE fighting for other peoples Religion & Freedom both in Dominican Republic in '65 & Vietnam in '67 & '68......& then 41 yrs. protecting people of all Faith s & Races  here in NYC...however there is a lot that i think is being missed by some regarding this issue.... but i do not come on here for political disputes...i am all about protecting people & their rights.....all i will say in closing is..... beware of wolves in sheeps clothing......&  Bless those fighting to protect our way of life.

68jk09 said:
In the '60 s i was a MARINE fighting for other peoples Religion & Freedom both in Dominican Republic in '65 & Vietnam in '67 & '68......& then 41 yrs. protecting people of all Faith s & Races  here in NYC...however there is a lot that i think is being missed by some regarding this issue.... but i do not come on here for political disputes...i am all about protecting people & their rights.....all i will say in closing is..... beware of wolves in sheeps clothing......&  Bless those fighting to protect our way of life.

AMEN

I have been reading this topic with mixed emotion, i am not from NYC, indeed am not from the USA as my name suggests. But the effects of 9/11 were felt the world over, especially, for those of us in it, in the firefighting community.

We as proffesional firefighters serving at that time over here in the UK put our hearts on our hands and held it out to our brothers over in NYC, and many friendships, bonds and events have come from this, and still remain to this day.

As part of been a London Firefighter, i am verse in the history of London and those terrible nights and days of the Blitz, commencing on the 7th September 1940, and not ending until 10th of May 1941. London was flattened in many parts, firemen killed and fire stations destroyed and whole communities and streets upon streets wiped out, never to return or be seen again, with only the odd black and white photograph as a record of what was once there, where a pile of rubble now stood.

I lost my Grandad, god bless his sole, who served with the Auxillary Fire Service, a very early form of national resilience that was set up to support the then newly formed (now disfunct) National Fire Service, during the war. He was killed when a wall collapsed onto a roof of an adjacent building he was firefighting in, killing him and his crew. This was just one small event in what was to become 8 months of hell for London and other UK cities.

Between the 13th february, and the 15th february 1945, the RAF and USAF bombed Dresden, at the time used as a safe haven by those fleeing the conflict. The firestrom was so intense, that people living in towns around Dresden, died from suffocation, due to the firestorm drawing in oxygen from the air at such an intense rate at its height. it is thought that between 25,000 and 100,000 were killed. Thousands of German civillians, and ofcourse firemen.

As a London Firefighter, i am educated, and have in fact, in my early years, experienced the actions of the IRA terrorists, and their bombings on London. I wasnt in the job, but i saw how the square mile financial district in London was reduced to a mass of rubble and debris from a massive IRA bomb, how the Isle Of Dogs, hammered by the Luftwaffe in WW2 was to be reduced to a mass of rubble by the IRA again, and how we have lost British soldiers and SF over the years in NI and on the UK mainland

I have friends and former collegues from the armed forces, who refuse point blank to travel over to the USA, because back in the 80's and 90's collection tins for the IRA were openly displayed in some bars in Boston and NYC, additionally it was widely reported that a big US fast food chain funded the IRA cause and movement.

I saw through this, and refused to tarnish everyone with the same brush, NYC suffered on that fatefull day, and for many many days and months and years after, just like London has, just like Dresdon did, and just like many other cities the world over suffer in the name of 'freedom' and 'religion'.

The only difference in the comparison, is time, NYC's wounds are still raw, time, as they say, changes feelings, views and memories, and indeed interpretations of events, as generations move on and new ones come along, and thats where our priorities lay, in our future generation.

What makes us different, what makes us the foundation of todays world, is our strength, our impartiallity, our need and want for a better world and place for our future generation. We are strong and become stronger by maintaining our way of life, and been accepting of all cultures everywhere, and refusing to let that minority of the worlds population who are against freedom and acceptance and cultural unity change that. The fight for freedom is not only been fought by our brothers and sisters on the frontline in Afghanistan and Iraq, its been fought on our doorsteps as well, by us, by laying the foundations for how the world is going to be, in the wake of 9/11, for our future, and that of our children. Just like our forefathers did after previous world changing conflicts, and wars, in the name of freedom.

Thats what makes us different, and that is what makes us strong, and thats how the world is going to be built for the future, regardless of our colour, background or religion, by us.

JT

I was a senior in high school on that Tuesday morning. Less than one year later, I was in uniform as a U.S. Army soldier. Before being part of the fire service, I was a Military Police soldier that dealt with the prisoners, insurgents and terrorists in Iraq. I've come face to face with Al-Qaeda.  However, I've seen firsthand that genuine Muslims are not terrorists, just as genuine Christians do not blow up Abortion Clinics. However, I must say that I agree with my mayor that Freedom of Religion must be upheld. Let those who want to practice their faith build their mosque. There were also Muslims who worked at the WTC that perished on that Tuesday morning. I am not referring to the men at the controls of the hijacked aircraft either.