New fdny rescue's???

Very nicely done. You can take front grills and kinda replicate other cabs with the 1/64 models. Or, you can look at the Seagrave Concorde, and say WTF???

The lettering is back.  I think it's getting very close to delivery.

DSC_4564.JPG

DSC_4558.JPG

DSC_4561.JPG

DSC_4562.JPG

These photos were forwarded to me via e-mail today. I do not know who the photographer is. They were taken at some type of expo or open house in the Louisiana area.

RES5CUE.jpg

283A.jpg

283B.jpg

Bulldog

Bulldog
I didn't know that they had any open contracts for engines at this time?

They don't.  I'm guessing that the engine pictured was either the one Ferrara donated after 9/11 (which was then sent to New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina), or a demo that Ferrara dressed out in quasi-FDNY plumage.  Does anyone remember what the last company the donated rig ran with was? Looks like "283" on the front bumper.  And is that the New Orleans shield on the rear door? Here it (the NOFD shield) is:

nofdsmallsheild-nofd_sm.ashx

Or maybe they've just moved Brownsville to Louisiana? ::) 8) :eek:

The engine pictured is the 2002 Ferrara Inferno "The Spirit of Louisiana."  It served with the FDNY as E283 until 2003 when it was moved to the Borough of Training.  In 2005 it traveled with the FDNY team down to Louisiana and was donated to the New Orleans FD, where it served for a short time.  It's now owned by the Louisiana State Fire Marshal.

Bulldog

Bulldog
stvfcff1025 said:
FDNY220122 said:
raybrag said:
Slide show from Ferrara (I still say that looks like a Spartan cab . . . check it out in full screen):
<embed>FDNY RESCUE 5 NEW

It is indeed a Spartan Cab!

It's not a Spartan cab, sorry. Not with those windows or windshield
I agree, the front looks an awful lot like a Spartan but the windows in the doors are slanted along the bottom while all the windows in the doors in Spartan cabs are flat along the bottom!

Bulldog said:
stvfcff1025 said:
FDNY220122 said:
raybrag said:
Slide show from Ferrara (I still say that looks like a Spartan cab . . . check it out in full screen):
<embed>FDNY RESCUE 5 NEW

It is indeed a Spartan Cab!

It's not a Spartan cab, sorry. Not with those windows or windshield
I agree, the front looks an awful lot like a Spartan but the windows in the doors are slanted along the bottom while all the windows in the doors in Spartan cabs are flat along the bottom!

I believe it was a custom cab designed for the FDNY by Spartan...but then again...It does look like Ferrara is building them at there own plant.

This is who built the cab for Ferrara.

http://www.truckcab.com/category/fire-cabs/

It has tremendous similarities to a Seagrave Cab. The doors are a dead giveaway. If you look close, and compare them to other rigs, the Seagrave Full length Cab doors angle stright,  from the front to back, just in front of the wheel well. Almost every other MFG have a circular cutout from the front to back that follows the curvature of the wheel. Seagrave's are straight. If you would make the grill area smaller and put the new Maurader II's grill and Rings that they put around the warning/headlights, it would almost look like a Seagrave.

IMG_2693.jpg Credit:photographer

T

Ten-seventy-seven

Pictures of Rescue 5 have been updated again, looks like its ready for delivery.

Bulldog

Bulldog
Does anyone know what the raised "bump" the very front of the box is for?  My only thought would be for a light tower doesn't look right for that.

On the Ferrara web site, job # 4542 (the new R5) has dropped off the "In Production" page . . . but it hasn't yet shown up on "New Deliveries".  Could it be somewhere between Louisiana & New York???

Not yet, but since Res5cue (located across the street from me) is getting theirs first, I will have photos posted very soon. ;)

Would be great to see them all line up in NYC or Jersey with Manhattan in the background for a " Rescue Family Photo ".