New Haz Mat 1 Assembly Line Photos

I thought it was NYS law to have at least one blue light on emergency vehicle
My guess, just a guess, is that there will be blue centers in both left and right mini bars,. like the new rescues have ambers in center of both mini bars, and the blues are below them. So for whatever reason, these might be reversed from the way they are on the rescues... blues above red & amber, instead of ambers above the blues... we shall see .1658999556186.png

Last edited:
Curious as you say that, what about all the other rigs that take 2nd pieces even tho it’s not every response? Hazmat doing 600-800 calls a year…. A Squad going out with 2nd piece can’t be to far behind that 400-500?
Yes, exactly, these new leds or whatever they are are all pretty savage/ blinding, red, white amber, blue....

I thought it was NYS law to have at least one blue light on emergency vehicle
Up until a few years ago, blue lights were strictly limited by NYS law to volunteer firefighters even though many emergency vehicles had them anyway. I think the state changed the law to allow them on emergency vehicles a few years back.

There's been a push recently on rethinking warning lights as they may have unintended consequences, especially at night, where drunk and distracted drivers tend to swerve towards them. Some manufacturers have offered a "low power" mode where once on scene, the rigs warning lights can be dimmed to alleviate this condition. The problem with the blue lights is that they tend to be a lot brighter than red lights especially at night,

LOL It's a KME cab with Ferrara badging. (Ferrara and KME, both owned by the REV Group, are now produced in the same facility in Louisianna)

Bulldog

Bulldog
No at 3am they are and it’s annoying
That’s why companies take them off or block them
I'd be extremely surprised if companies are removing or blocking them! I'm sure the bosses would not be happy especially if a rig got into an accident and they found that they had removed or blocked some of the warning equipment! Have you got any examples of companies that have taken them off or blocked them? If you do I would love to see the pictures!

l have seen in videos where companies have added blue lights actually. without searching right now, l believe it was the old E 245 had them added in both the upper left and in the upper right mini bars, see ( screenshot image below )and that series of engines didn't even come with any blues.... , and there's a rearmount that replaced the lowest ambers with blue on left and blue / red combo on the right.
link to the video >>>>
1659047904521.png

Last edited:

Bulldog

Bulldog
l have seen in videos where companies have added blue lights actually. without searching right now, l believe it was the old E 245 had them in the upper right mini bar, and there's a rearmount that replaced the lowest ambers with blue on left and blue / red combo on the right.
I would believe that a lot more than them removing them! Safety is a critical issue and the blue lights certainly increase the margin of safety!

I would believe that a lot more than them removing them! Safety is a critical issue and the blue lights certainly increase the margin of safety!
the only FDNYcompany that l know of, only from photos and videos that has no blue which l often wondered about is rearmount Ladder 30, it has 2 reds instead of left blue and right red, and l believe all the other Ferraras have the one left blue. l have yet to see in a photo or video of them "blacked out".

Ok, found the rearmount, Ladder 59, " Blue Devils" video link> > > Majesterium1 video.

Last edited:
the only FDNYcompany that l know of, only from photos and videos that has no blue which l often wondered about is rearmount Ladder 30, it has 2 reds instead of left blue and right red, and l believe all the other Ferraras have the one left blue. l have yet to see in a photo or video of them "blacked out".
“Nic” a retired member had stated in a podcast he would take the blue light off the rig because “Red is for fire trucks”

Years ago before blue lights on fire trucks , emergency vehicular became a thing, the NY State police did a field test/ study by putting one blue to the rear of their patrol cars ….the results of the test was rear end accidents declined about 30% while operating at a scene with the warning light on.…the rest is history.

Last edited:
? Seems like all the videos that were posted have blues on the back!
l posted them to show that they were custom added, its only 2 companies really, E 245 and L 59, but just showing that they ADD, and not "remove" or block with the possible exception of L 30 that l know of.

Last edited: