New Rescues ?

would guess age there 2002 units
All the Rescue rigs are 2019’s ….although most were not put in service till at lest 2021. R-1 was Last to be placed in service with a long delay , not sure of the approximate date of R-1 going into service. R-5 was the first of the new rigs with R-1 being the last , and it was quite a difference in time between the two going into service.

All the Rescue rigs are 2019’s ….although most were not put in service till at lest 2021. R-1 was Last to be placed in service with a long delay , not sure of the approximate date of R-1 going into service. R-5 was the first of the new rigs with R-1 being the last , and it was quite a difference in time between the two going into service.
I photographed Rescue 5 the day after the new rig was placed into service, Late May 2020 Memorial Day Weekend. Rescue 1 on the other hand, was put into service like early June 2022 making it over 2 years between when both were put into service!

So just an update for this thread….

I have double checked with multiple reliable sources for this bid of 9 Heavy Rescue rigs and no one knew anything about this. So I don’t think it’s anything atleast for the Fire side…. Maybe MERVs MRTUs METUs? LSUs I believe are on order but apparently nothing for the High Rises, Decons, Collapse, or anything else.

Also should add
Decon 37 - OOS for good
Decon 283 OOS for good
Decon 251 went OOS just the other day and needs major work done and might not be worth fixing so only Decons will be

Decon 4
Decon 160
Decon Support Unit

So just an update for this thread….

I have double checked with multiple reliable sources for this bid of 9 Heavy Rescue rigs and no one knew anything about this. So I don’t think it’s anything atleast for the Fire side…. Maybe MERVs MRTUs METUs? LSUs I believe are on order but apparently nothing for the High Rises, Decons, Collapse, or anything else.

Also should add
Decon 37 - OOS for good
Decon 283 OOS for good
Decon 251 went OOS just the other day and needs major work done and might not be worth fixing so only Decons will be

Decon 4
Decon 160
Decon Support Unit
There was a Decon @ L15 qtrs. Is that gone also?

Bulldog

Bulldog
Are we sure the order is for FDNY? Could it be for NYPD ESU? Not sure how many rigs they have but that could be a possibility.

Are we sure the order is for FDNY? Could it be for NYPD ESU? Not sure how many rigs they have but that could be a possibility.
Good question I think they have 9 trucks but I thought it said FDNY. and they might be up for replacement a lot of them are OOS a lot

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
NYPD has 10 assigned ESU SQ. Truck 11 is a hazmat unit.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
So FDNY is ordering 9 trucks. So what has 9 units in FDNY? How about fire divisions or EMS Divisions? Maybe one truck per division?

So FDNY is ordering 9 trucks. So what has 9 units in FDNY? How about fire divisions or EMS Divisions? Maybe one truck per division?
They where ordering MERVS that where gonna be like the Rescues but they don’t have 9 MERVs adless they are doing 5 MERVs and 4 METUS

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
They where ordering MERVS that where gonna be like the Rescues but they don’t have 9 MERVs adless they are doing 5 MERVs and 4 METUS
Need to read the order. Does it call for heavy duty or a lite size body ? There are 8 squads. Are these a new type second piece? With one as a spare? We need to wait and see.

Need to read the order. Does it call for heavy duty or a lite size body ? There are 8 squads. Are these a new type second piece? With one as a spare? We need to wait and see.
Nothing to do with the fire side as per my sources and I asked 3 strong sources. I will ask my source on EMS today and see what he says because they speced out MERVs with a rescue type body but was having issue with someone to make them and didn’t want Ferrara doing it with all the issues the Rescues have…. Look at hazmat still having issues after making 5 Heavy Rescues you would think Hazmat would be perfect lol. I believe the MRTUs are state funded so they really wouldn’t be on this order but the METUs are old so they could be doing them too.