NYSP NYC Troop

Does NYSP still have a NYC Troop? If so what are their duties within the city?

Does NYSP still have a NYC Troop? If so what are their duties within the city?
Believe they do. I see them on the HWYs, especially on SI doing radar speed control as the NYPD does. Can be wrong but I’d think they’re almost entirely HWY.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Troop NYC is still in operation but their structure is different then the other troops. Troops A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, K, L, & Thwy are subdivided into Zones by counties that they patrol. These Zones are responsible for both patrol & investigations from various sub-stations.

Troop NYC Headquarters has been moved to 36 Thomas St in lower Manhattan from Wards Island.

Zone 1 - headquarters is located on Wards Is on the grounds of the state hospital. These troopers are responsible for patrolling transportation hubs, Penn Station Grand Central Terminal, JFK & LGA airports and other important facilities.

Zone 2 - works out of 99 Tenth Ave in Manhattan & is part of the NY Drug Enforcement Task Force. At one time they also had troopers assigned to various other investigative units including District Attorney Squads, Federal Task Forces, & so on.

Zone 3 - covers the highways besides the bridges & tunnels. They work out of five substations
:
Bronx - Throggs Neck Bridge (Bronx side)
Brooklyn - Hugh Carey Tunnel / Brooklyn side at 160 Hamilton Ave.
Manhattan - Downtown - 36 Thomas St (also Troop HQ)
Queens - aka Station Rockaway located at the Brooklyn foot of the Marine Pkwy Bridge off of Flatbush Ave
Staten Is - located with in the plaza area of the VZ bridge, Bklyn bound side.

I hope this answers your question. They are here & it looks loke they are staying.