Paterson (Passaic), NJ- 3rd Alarm 08-10-12

truck4

Administrator
Date: 08-10-12
Time: 2150hrs
Description: Fire in a 2.5-story frame with reports of people trapped.

2158hrs- CMD rpts heavy fire 2nd floor, searches underway. Lining into Exposure building.

2200hrs- 3rd Alarm transmitted.

2222hrs- All co's being removed from fire building. Fire is now throughout.

Paterson, NJ, another tough city. A little off track here, but wasn't that where they based the movie "Lean on me" from ? One of those high schools in Paterson.

Comedian legend Lou Costello's hometown(which is often mentioned in many an Abbott/Costello film and their '50's TV show)and the setting of the Morgan Freeman film, Lean on Me, Paterson is a tough city. To go on from what Willy said, Paterson is one of the largest cities in New Jersey, I think the 3rd after Newark and Jersey City. Paterson has the population of Bridgeport, CT(146,000), but in a compact area of around 8 square miles.

The Paterson Fire Department runs out of 7 Fire Stations, with a fire apparatus fleet of 7 Engines, 3 Ladders, 2 Rescues, 5 Ambulances, an Air Unit, a Mobile Command Unit, 3 Battalions, and 1 Tour Commander. Because they are the primary EMS for the city, combined with their amount of fire runs, the PFD averages around 30,000 calls annually. However, I'm not sure how many rigs run per Alarm in the city. Maybe 2 & 1, Rescue, 1 BC, TC on the Box, 2 & 1, 1 BC on the 2nd, and 2 & 1 on the 3rd.

Great shots by Bill Tompkins by the way.