QNS BOX 0035 ....LGA AIRPORT FIRE.

1525 hrs BN*49 reports PA has a fork lift on Fire....FDNY standing fast at the staging area....PA orders 2 EMS Ambulances to the staging area.....1530 hrs PA does not need FDNY .....10-31.

Last edited:
Interesting the PA feels they don't need the FDNY when they actually might. The PA conveniently forgets the CFRD Engine Company is a link in the chain of survival. While they may not need the Firefighting services of the FDNY they most certainly need the EMS part of the FDNY (evidenced by the request for 2 ambulances) and that many instances includes the CFRD Engine. I would rather see the first due Engine Officer make the determination on the needs of the patient(s) over the PA. Unless of course they are planning to use their contract EMS provider (NS/LIJ ?) then they certainly would not need the FDNY.

Bulldog

Bulldog
I have a feeling that the PA like NYPD in many cases would rather not have any outside agency come onto their turf! It seems in many cases the various agencies in NYC would rather not have assistance instead of working together. Everyone needs to learn to work together better in New York city like they do most places in the nation.

Interesting the PA feels they don't need the FDNY when they actually might. The PA conveniently forgets the CFRD Engine Company is a link in the chain of survival. While they may not need the Firefighting services of the FDNY they most certainly need the EMS part of the FDNY (evidenced by the request for 2 ambulances) and that many instances includes the CFRD Engine. I would rather see the first due Engine Officer make the determination on the needs of the patient(s) over the PA. Unless of course they are planning to use their contract EMS provider (NS/LIJ ?) then they certainly would not need the FDNY.
I worked with PAPD in Newark, and at least regarding CFR I must say their officers jump in and do CPR very fast. I definitely had atleast one save do to their quick actions.