Rundown of units at 9-11

I know that this maybe unusual, but I am trying to get the rundown of the companies that that responded to 9-11 on 9-11. I do not want any units that responded after that date. If there is anyone that can provide this info, Thanks!

Not in order but I can help with a puzzle

Part of Original Ticket (Maybe pic is cut off)
E010 E006 E004 E024
L010 L001 L008 L015
B001 B002
R001
E018
D001
RB001

Seen one ticket that had for World Trace Center #2
E0211 E044 E022 E053 E040
L011

Units Respond to Lobby Command Post Desk Via Liberty St Near Washington St

Last edited:
Have to remember at a certain point probably when the 2nd tower was hit companies just started going to go using Reserve Rigs and whatever they could to get there. Coming in MTA buses from Brooklyn

Thank You Signal 73, and Skyler Fire for giving me what you could. I have tried to get this from Metrotech, but getting information from them is like trying to pull you own teeth out. Thanks again guys!!

I have often thought about doing a detailed history of 9/11 (perhaps 24 hours after the first plane hit). I would like to track down each and every company that responded to the towers and what FD’s came into the city. I realize that would be hundreds of hours of work. Even with that, it would never be complete. However, I think it’s still too raw to ask questions about it, which is understandable. May everyone who perished on that day continue to Rest In Peace.

I have often thought about doing a detailed history of 9/11 (perhaps 24 hours after the first plane hit). I would like to track down each and every company that responded to the towers and what FD’s came into the city. I realize that would be hundreds of hours of work. Even with that, it would never be complete. However, I think it’s still too raw to ask questions about it, which is understandable. May everyone who perished on that day continue to Rest In Peace.
Very Important one that should be done, for me I have been attempting to Track Down Video, & attempt to give a detailed record for pieces of apparatus which responded that day still with the Department in the fleet. Only wish I could've started sooner, as now most are gone. I have a few photos in the videos early into the duration of the attacks which I added, a few photos took days digging up. Lots and lots of photos you might think don't exist when they actually do.

Very Important one that should be done, for me I have been attempting to Track Down Video, & attempt to give a detailed record for pieces of apparatus which responded that day still with the Department in the fleet. Only wish I could've started sooner, as now most are gone. I have a few photos in the videos early into the duration of the attacks which I added, a few photos took days digging up. Lots and lots of photos you might think don't exist when they actually do.

One resource which could be used is department records. As you mentioned, many of the members from all departments involved have retired or passed away. I can’t imagine the time it would take to go to all the departments in Westchester and Nassau counties, and the New Jersey departments to look through their records and perhaps tracking down members who are now retired to interview. It almost sounds like a Ken Burns documentary type project to do it correctly.

Not in order but I can help with a puzzle

Part of Original Ticket (Maybe pic is cut off)
E010 E006 E004 E024
L010 L001 L008 L015
B001 B002
R001
E018
D001
RB001

Seen one ticket that had for World Trace Center #2
E0211 E044 E022 E053 E040
L011

Units Respond to Lobby Command Post Desk Via Liberty St Near Washington St
Battalion 1 gave the first report over the Air. As most know they were assigned on an odor of gas Box and it was recorded by Julian Naudet when the first plane hit Tower 1.

2-2 Verbal By Battalion 1
08:46:43 : B-1 Plane Just hit Upper Floor of WTC Transmit 2nd Alarm
B-1 Assigning All units on their Box to that Area - L008, L001, B001, E007
Units Seen 10-84 a few minutes into the Duration of the Box as Seen in Photos Attached illustrated Below in Photos at the Base of Tower 1: E055, E007, E010, L006, SQ018, L020, L006, L001,L010

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-15 175248.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-15 175248.png
    810.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot 2023-05-15 175254.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-15 175254.png
    658.9 KB · Views: 59
I knew that trying to get all of the units that the dispatchers sent to this job was not going to be easy. But I want to send my thanks to all who sent over what they could to me on this matter. Thank You All Guys!!

I have seen articles (including NY times) that stated that the FDNY had the below companies on site between both 5th Alarms

112 Engine companies
58 Ladder companies
all 5 Rescue companies
7 Squad companies
4 Marine Units

+ All the Battalion Chiefs, Division Chiefs (at least 2), Staff chiefs and other special units

Per the 9/11 memorial, we know some of the companies that where there that lost a member:

Last edited:
What I do know is, JCFD, NFD, Little Ferry, (maybe Elizabeth, Teterboro and Hoboken) came out. NFD wasn't supposed to go. I mentioned why in a different thread. I think it was the thread on hose gauges the FDNY uses since it isn't on the national standard. Little Ferry is also mentioned there, just not by me. JCFD was the only NJ department that got a Offical request from the FDNY to go to the Towers.

I have seen articles (including NY times) that stated that the FDNY had the below companies on site between both 5th Alarms

112 Engine companies
58 Ladder companies
all 5 Rescue companies
7 Squad companies
4 Marine Units

+ All the Battalion Chiefs, Division Chiefs (at least 2), Staff chiefs and other special units

Per the 9/11 memorial, we know some of the companies that where there that lost a member:
Not true, 6 Squads went, not 7. And half the units in the city went, thats around maybe 100+ Engines. I don't think all Battalions went. Can't confirm on Divisions, but I do know D1 and D8 Cars we're damaged.