SUPER PUMPER 1

Is it just a deck gun and the amount of water volume that they can project?
I thought the satellites had a large deluge on them

Last edited:
So if those Hydro pumps are doing the pumping, and they can relay those to a satellite or two other engines, then what’s the point of the super pumper?
My guess is those pumps could be placed in the river or body of water and pump to the super pumper who then relay pumps to satellites or tower ladders. Not all incidents will be right next to the water like this one was.

So if those Hydro pumps are doing the pumping, and they can relay those to a satellite or two other engines, then what’s the point of the super pumper?
The super pumper was not used! They just needed water to supply an engine company on the other side of the building…. For the super pumper to get max pressure it needs 2 hydro pumps and one of the big marine units… The super pumper was called as in potential using it.

Sometimes on the Hook Lift Truck but all on trailers now. MCI Container is on the Hook Lift right now

The Super has a Large pump and huge gun, The satellites have no pump and big guns.

RCL

The Super Pumper is based off a industrial fire apparatus for oil refineries etc. Every manufacturer makes some type of variant. Typically they are 5000 gpm pumps and higher, and multiple monitors to deliver the water. The tanks are usually foam based, and more then 1 type. When I did a pre con with Sutphen, they had a monster custom tower ladder for an oil refinery. I think it was an 5000 gpm pump, 500 gallon foam tank, 1 or 2 other foam tanks, 6 monitors, 2 in the bucket 4 on the body. All remote controlled.

HCO

The Super Pumper is based off a industrial fire apparatus for oil refineries etc. Every manufacturer makes some type of variant. Typically they are 5000 gpm pumps and higher, and multiple monitors to deliver the water. The tanks are usually foam based, and more then 1 type. When I did a pre con with Sutphen, they had a monster custom tower ladder for an oil refinery. I think it was an 5000 gpm pump, 500 gallon foam tank, 1 or 2 other foam tanks, 6 monitors, 2 in the bucket 4 on the body. All remote controlled.
Super Pumper 1 (SP01) is in service.

Primary Transport – E260, Back-Up Transport – E291

The Super Pumper will respond to:

Confirmed Pipeline leaks

10-86

10-87

Airport Crash Boxes

When special called by the Incident Commander

Super Pumper 1 (SP01) is in service.

Primary Transport – E260, Back-Up Transport – E291

The Super Pumper will respond to:

Confirmed Pipeline leaks

10-86

10-87

Airport Crash Boxes

When special called by the Incident Commander
I posted this on page 18 last night

The "New" Super Pumper" takes too long to be placed in operation. More training is needed to make a smoother, faster deployment possible. I worked in the "Old" Super Pumper System, as a Fireman, from time to time in the 1970s it was not easy to get into operation, but this is worse. Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired.