Super Pumper 1

I understand that Super Pumper1, 5,500 gpm from Ferrara, went into service recently. Is there any documentation or Department order available regarding the scope of its mission ? Where is it housed ? What areas of the City will it respond to ? Alarm levels ? Types of alarm it will respond to like airport, fuel depot, high rise, other ? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

I understand that Super Pumper1, 5,500 gpm from Ferrara, went into service recently. Is there any documentation or Department order available regarding the scope of its mission ? Where is it housed ? What areas of the City will it respond to ? Alarm levels ? Types of alarm it will respond to like airport, fuel depot, high rise, other ? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.
Lots to read here >>> https://www.nycfire.net/forums/threads/super-pumper-1.66419/

Someone will probably have more on the most recent incident.

Currently housed at E238 until they can fix whatever needs to be fixed at.
E260. E260 transports the rig. E238 transports FT260.
E291 is the backup.
Responds citywide, on 10-86s, 10-87s and when special called, Confirmed POipeline Leaks and Airport Crash Boxes.
It was said that it was suppose to respond to all 3rd Alarms and certain 2nd Alarms in certain locations but I believe it only responds to the above.

Currently housed at E238 until they can fix whatever needs to be fixed at.
E260. E260 transports the rig. E238 transports FT260.
E291 is the backup.
Responds citywide, on 10-86s, 10-87s and when special called, Confirmed POipeline Leaks and Airport Crash Boxes.
It was said that it was suppose to respond to all 3rd Alarms and certain 2nd Alarms in certain locations but I believe it only responds to the above.
how loopy is it that they run to each others station for the special unit

Right in the FAQ section

Super Pumper 1 (SP01)
The Super Pumper is Quartered with E260 & will be primary transported by them. E291 is the back up.
It can pump more than 10,000 GPM from a pressured source & 5,500 when drafting from a body of water.

It will Respond to:
-Confirmed Pipeline Leaks
-10-86 & 10-87
-Airport Crash Boxes
-Special called by IC

E260 has to get its floor done… sadly with all the cuts idk when it’s happening…. Was suppose to be on emergency work…. But look at Elmhurst eagles that’s on emergency work! 🤨
Alot of floors need to be redone, 229/146 to name one of the many.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I think it may have been a sarcastic remark as the FDNY doesn't have fire stations
This website has members that come from across the United States but also from around the world. Their departments use different terms.
FDNY has stations, they are know as EMS Stations.
As I travel I automatically call a one story building that houses fire apparatus a fire station but if the structure has two or more floors I call it a fire house. Does anyone do the same?

This website has members that come from across the United States but also from around the world. Their departments use different terms.
FDNY has stations, they are know as EMS Stations.
As I travel I automatically call a one story building that houses fire apparatus a fire station but if the structure has two or more floors I call it a fire house. Does anyone do the same?
l did consider that, but my guess was that it was the ''pc'' don't dare call an FDNY firehouse a '' fire station ''. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
When I went on the job, 5/3/1977, I rode the Fire Wagon out of the Fire Hall. I don't care what you call it, the place is the best place in the world if you received the "Calling"!

The public calls them fire stations. The members/ firefighters usually call them fire houses because it is incense their home away from home. and then some countries it is their home actually and it’s a privilege to live there. You get paid to live somewhere. and you work for free.

and as for the Super pumper, they should call it what it is a super monitor because at the end of the day that’s all what it really is.