THROWBACK THURSDAY

No.2
Schaeffer is the, one beer to have when you're .....?

"Mikey...he likes it!".....what did Mikey like?

Who said..."We'd rather fight, than switch".

JohnnyGage said:
Schaeffer is the, one beer to have when you're .....having more than one?

"Mikey...he likes it!".....what did Mikey like? Life cereal

Who said..."We'd rather fight, than switch". Tareyton cigarette smokers

raybrag said:
JohnnyGage said:
Schaeffer is the, one beer to have when you're .....having more than one?

"Mikey...he likes it!".....what did Mikey like? Life cereal

Who said..."We'd rather fight, than switch". Tareyton cigarette smokers

Dang Ole' Raybrag, I knew the answer too. BUT "if I didn't have to go sit on the "pottie" in such a hurry, I could have gotten those answers FIRST. (Them Micky D Big Macs do it all the time).

Shucks, Bill.  I knew there was a reason I had to jump in before my regular morning visit to the most important throne in the house.  But then, I had Chinese yesterday . . . no Big Macs.  :D  ;) ;D

68jk09 said:
L. S. M. F. T.  = ?

"LUCKY - STRIKE - MEANS - FINE - TABACCO".

How's that Chief !!!!

"Eat your heart out there Mr Raybrag". See what happens when I don't need to run to the throne because I ate too many Big Macs the night before.

The name "Lucky Strike" was given by the owner who was inspired with the gold rush...if you found gold in there them hills it was considered a Lucky Strike. Originally the cigarette pack was green and switched over to white during WWII as the needed ingredients for color componets were more valuable for war effort.

One of Luckies' advertising gimmicks in 1942 was the slogan "Lucky Strike Green has gone to war."

When I was stationed in Germany in the middle 60's, we were required to have C-Rations once per week in the missile site chow hall (probably to use up old WWII stuff).  I was issued a box of C-rats one day, opened it up and found a 4-pack of Lucky Strikes with a GREEN label.  20 years after the war ended.  BTW, for you young'uns . . . C-Rats always had a 4-pack of cigarettes . . . after all, EVERYBODY smoked back then.

And, for Willy . . . Of course you beat me on LSMFT . . . I was in bed enjoying my beauty sleep.  Us old farts go to bed early.

raybrag said:
"A little dab'll do ya"???

"Brylcreem", 1950s commercial. We all used it back then when we had more hair than we do now - hoping that it would work for us guys.

It was before color TV or as we know it today, cable TV.

So let's take you back some 60 years ago. If you remember this one, "raybrag" is NOT the only old fart on here.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6F4GtyRfto

Ok:

No Lady Likes
To Snuggle
Or Dine
Accompanied By
A Porkupine
?????????????

What's the next line?

nfd2004 said:
68jk09 said:
L. S. M. F. T.  = ?

"LUCKY - STRIKE - MEANS - FINE - TABACCO".

How's that Chief !!!!

"Eat your heart out there Mr Raybrag". See what happens when I don't need to run to the throne because I ate too many Big Macs the night before.
OK Bill you got the generic trademark definition correct now who remembers the more sophomoric meaning ?

raybrag said:
Ok:

No Lady Likes
To Snuggle
Or Dine
Accompanied By
A Porkupine
?????????????

What's the next line?

Aw, c'mon guys . . . am I really the only one who knows????  Here's another, with the same last line:

My Job Is
Keeping Faces Clean
And Nobody Knows
De Stubble I've Seen
"? ? ? ? ? ? ?"

I thought this would be a fun reminder of the back step era...two future johnnies:

Those were the days...

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"And now, the following presentation is brought to you in..."