THROWBACK THURSDAY

NO. 13 "THE NAKED CITY"  PARK SLOPE

FRIDAY DECEMBER 16, 1960; UNITED DC8 HEADING FOR IDLEWILD AIRPORT COLLIDES WITH TWA FLIGHT DESCENDING TOWARDS LA GUARDIA

(Continued Eternal Rest to the victims)

....."And that's the way it was"

Who was the legendary television news cast reporter that used the above motto for his sign off?

NO. 14: "THE NAKED CITY"

1960s POPULAR TOYS FOUND UNDER CHRISTMAS TREES;

TV SPECIAL: RUDOLPH THE RED NOSE REINDEER;

RUDOLPH THE RED NOSE REINDEER TRIVIA;  From the television special, what was the name of the "SNOWMAN?"  (Hint; It's not WILLY).

************

(From "IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE)  Clarence says to George; "REMEMBER GEORGE, NO MAN IS A FAILURE WHO HAS  _ _ _ _ _ _ _"

JohnnyGage said:
^^^^^^ Oh no, no, no...entirely different snowman

Oh wait a minute Johnny. You must be talking about the Snowman named "Sam". Is that his name ? I think that goes back to around 1964, right.

But Mr Gage, I sure wish they had that "goggle" thing when I went to school. Because just as I did here, if the answer is right, "I might have been an honor student and become a brain surgeon", instead of TRYING to drive a hook and ladder truck without hitting any parked cars.

I know you will understand when I talk about driving Ladder trucks. 

513QMSPBP0L._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

CAUTION ! .... Before anybody buys any toys on a child's Christmas List spend a few minutes digesting this informative Consumer Probe.....  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veMiNQifZcM

One thing left out in Consumer Probe above regarding pulling the suction cup off the wooden arrow was ..... i always then put mine in a pencil sharpener to make a point.

NO.16: "THE NAKED CITY"

IDENTIFY THE JOE'S;

OH, ARE YOU GOING TO GET YOURS!  BANG ! ZOOM !  RIGHT TO THE  _ _ _ _ !"

BONUS JOE !

JohnnyGage said:
NO.16: "THE NAKED CITY"

BONUS JOE !

For the BONUS Points.

One of my favorite TV shows back in the 1950s. I watched it all the time of WPIX Channel 11.

That show was Officer Joe Bolton and the Clubhouse Gang. Television from a different time.

Officer Joe would be twirling his night stick while this was playing. Born September 8, 1910 it was his 100th birthday when this video was produced.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYrxuhIcs8w.

Joey Heatherton (of Oceanside, NY).  Daughter of WOR-TV Channel 9's Ray Heatherton . . . the Merry Mailman.

Oh yes Ray, "The Merry Mailman". Another one of my favorites.

But let me give it an old farts guess at some of those Joe's that Mr Johnny Gage had mentioned earlier.

#2) Joe Bazooka
#3) Joe Friday
#5) GI Joe
#6) Joey Bishop

And getting back to the Merry Mailman, from 1970-1975, "The Merry Mailman" Song was my favorite theme song I sang it along my mail route carrying that heavy bag of magazines and letters.

Well friends, how about we go back to that Merry Mailman theme and we all join in singing it, just as I did about 45 or 50 years ago.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltbDNbmCnGc

And 2 pics of Rambler Americans from around 1961. 

"Right to the MOON, Alice!!"