Truck Companies Star of Life

I've noticed some truck companies have a star of life decal on one of their doors. I'm guessing this isn't standard? Is the equipment procured by the company and more so just first aid or along the lines of the engine’s CFR gear?

1693243538059.png

1693243741118.png

I've noticed some truck companies have a star of life decal on one of their doors. I'm guessing this isn't standard? Is the equipment procured by the company and more so just first aid or along the lines of the engine’s CFR gear?

View attachment 39176

View attachment 39177
Truck companies still carry trauma bag and EMS equipment. They use to do EMS calls they was cut out a few years ago. Few other companies carry a full set. Command Tactical, Field Com, TSU, Marine Tac, Hazmat, Rescues,

In Looking up the 2 present examples: I see TL15- South St. @ East River, is a Water Rescue Unit.
L.2 is a CPC (Chemical Protective Clothing) Truck.

I would imagine that could account for EMS/Trauma Equipment & Logos.

The job sent out those stickers so the ems equipment could be easily found by anyone.
Some companies complied with the request but most didn’t.

I thought the CFR-D program was Engine only. I know the Truck carries medical equipment for specific circumstances but not that they were dispatched as a CFR-D truck to 911 assignments like the Engine currently is. During what time frame did Truck companies get dispatched to CFR-D assignments ?

I thought the CFR-D program was Engine only. I know the Truck carries medical equipment for specific circumstances but not that they were dispatched as a CFR-D truck to 911 assignments like the Engine currently is. During what time frame did Truck companies get dispatched to CFR-D assignments ?
They still don't run ems calls. They just have had all the ems equipment for the last 20 years. And this year they are getting defibrillators. They always had the ability to run an ems call if they came upon something or flagged down. They could help and call for a bus. And then get a CFRD mark for the tour

When I was a firefighter in Tower Ladder 18 on Manhattans Lower East Side in the 1970s and early 1980s, TL. 18 was one of 25 FDNY "E.M.T. " Ladder Companies. At all times at least 2 E.M.T.s were scheduled to be on duty on every FDNY Tour in E.M.T. Ladder Companies. A few times we were special called to incidents to supply assistance to N.Y.C. E.M.S. "At that time NOT part of the F.D.N.Y.", at Mass Casuality Incidents. Also, if we were already at an incident and there were multiple patients, we were put to work assisting E.M.S.in transporting patients to waiting E.M.S. Ambulances or removing patients from dangerous areas where, at the time E.M.S. E.M.T.s and Paramedics were not trained or equipped to go.
Now F.D.N.Y/ E.M.S. has trained Rescue Medics to enter dangerous areas for stabilization and treatment of patients. At one time, I had a part time job as a Paramedic in the early 1970s and at one building collapse I started an I.V. line on a patient trapped in the collapsed building, while "On Duty in Tower Ladder 18" and got in trouble for doing it. Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired