VINTAGE FDNY WAR YEAR LIDS

A friend OTJ in New Haven bought this Lid

Can anyone help me out and tell me who it might of belonged to

IMG_8684.jpeg

LAD*153 HELMET W / OLD STYLE FRONT..... very early Red straight Fronts turned dark like this over time....in one of the photos of the inside the small paper tag that is glued in place shows the pin pricks around the edges .....this is how the old Cairns head measuring device transferred a head shape for manufacturing a custom Helmet as used to be done......the "sellers description" seems a little strange....why would they not have returned it to a local FH back in 1944 ?.....either way it looks like a well preserved authentic piece.......I am not sure what the address on the tag is maybe back then Cairns mailed the ordered Helmets to the FFs home ? ....my custom one in proby school was delivered there not to my home.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/235112339717?hash=item36bdc99905:g:W3kAAOSwCoVkyXcf
Nice people huh? As the Chief mentioned, that helmet could have been returned to the quarters it came from. The cost of a replacement came out of the member's pocket, and they weren't exactly paid well then.

The CPT helmet Engine 231. listed on ebay... I just checked the Watkins Street records and did not find a Cpt R D Keller ever being assigned to the company. I think the helmet does not match the front piece! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Helmet has holes drilled for Eye Shields & has several holes in the front panels as it may have had different Fronts at one time....inside has some white paint writing as older FDNY Helmets did.....good possibility it was FDNY.

The helmet front pieces for Lt. L147 & Lt. 148 truck have black numerals. If these are FDNY should they not have red numerals?

The helmet front pieces for Lt. L147 & Lt. 148 truck have black numerals. If these are FDNY should they not have red numerals?
Alot of times, when you see fronts from the 1950s and older the red gets very dark. Which I'd presume is the case with these fronts. They belonged to his father and are actually posted earlier in this thread, so I'm confident in their authenticity.

Pair of possible FDNY Lids