News of Members

Today, June 29th we want to wish our good friend Doug M., aka "AuxWarYearsCapt", a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Many HAPPY and HEALTHY Years ahead as you celebrate your 68th today

Uncle Willy
Thank you all for the birthday greetings. Sorry the other message l sent l guess didn't go thru

Sorry I missed this before, Happy Belated Birthday Doug from one MV guy to another.

After having as a Federal/military firefighter At Peoria IL ANG, Naval Surface Weapons Center in Dahlgren VA on Truck 28, and the Navy Boot Camp at North Chicago my son James has been hired as a municipal fire-fighter in Joliet Illinois. It has been awhile in happening but many of the towns require a paramedic qualification as well. I am sure he will be happy there, they have their fair share of work as well as two Interstates running through town.

That is Great News Grump.
I'm sure that you are very proud of his accomplishment

He worked hard to get there and certainly has an EXCELLENT Resume to offer the City of Joliet.

I wish him all the best and a Safe and Happy Career as a member of Joliet's Bravest.

After having as a Federal/military firefighter At Peoria IL ANG, Naval Surface Weapons Center in Dahlgren VA on Truck 28, and the Navy Boot Camp at North Chicago my son James has been hired as a municipal fire-fighter in Joliet Illinois. It has been awhile in happening but many of the towns require a paramedic qualification as well. I am sure he will be happy there, they have their fair share of work as well as two Interstates running through town.
My son says thanks for all the good wishes.

Attachments

• 302164147_447197847346282_639070014170038120_n.jpg
    302164147_447197847346282_639070014170038120_n.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 15
We are "honored" to have with us as a member of this site, Retired U.S. Army Brigadier General, Ed K., aka "3511". (see - post 71 in "Veterans Day, 2022 FF LODD's & Salute to FF Military Veterans")

Ed "3511" has been a contributing member to this site since December, 2007.

Growing up in the Bronx, with his father on the job, he has been able to offer us a wealth of information on the history of the FDNY.

Here is another interesting point.
Our site member Frank D., aka "fdce54", and Ed K., aka "3511", attended both the same grammar school and high school together when they lived in the Bronx, but they were a few years apart.

Recently they were rejoined for a luncheon get together in Yonkers, N.Y. along with Nycfire site members, Retired FDNY Lt Tom K., aka"Lt Q", and FF Dan P., aka "johnny gage" - the author of the upcoming book; "They Saved New York".

Also joining them was a Retired FDNY Supervising Dispatcher known as Dispatcher # 26, Gary G., who served the City of New York for 40 years, as well as Retired FDNY member, Ed P., who worked his entire career at Engine 91, and with Engine 91-2, while it was in service during those busy FDNY War Years.

The luncheon get together went very well with plenty of discussions involving the FDNY, including it's history, and the surprise of "3511" and "fdce54" attending the SAME SCHOOLS as kids in a city of about 8 million people.

I, "NFD2004", joined the dinner as well, which lasted about 3 hours.
But for me, pretty much all I did was "eat and listen" because every one of those guys had some great stories to tell.
I sure DID Enjoy It.

Last edited:
Interesting, and I was not aware of this at all, but this evening (11/10/22), Ed K., aka "3511", is one of three other invited guest on the Gettin' Salty Podcast discussing the Fire Bell Club Organization.

It's called; "Gettin' Salty Podcast Ep 118/All About the Bell Club".

Last edited:

mack

Administrator
"3511" - distinguished US Army veteran - West Point graduate - Brigadier General (retired) - former president of Fire Bell Club - Board of Directors Fire Bell Club - longtime FDNY supporter for fundraisers and special events - noted FDNY and fire service historian - Happy Veterans Day - thank you for your distinguished service to our country and exemplary support to firefighters.