News of Members

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN BRAD.

I checked into my files and this photo was taken on September 20, 2022

In this "group photo" we have starting from left to right:
1) Retired U.S. Army Brigadier General, Ed K., aka "3511"
2) Retired FDNY Supervising Dispatcher, Gary G., FDNY Dispatcher # 56
3) Retired FDNY Member, Mike P., Engine 91 and Engine 91-2 during the busy FDNY War Years
4) Retired Con Ed Supervisor - Westchester County, Frank D., aka "fdce54"
5) Retired FDNY Lt Tom K., aka "Lt Q" - Engine 5, Lt Ladder 112
6) Retired FDNY Firefighter, Dan P., aka "johnny gage" - Ladder 31, Engine 88/Ladder 38, Ladder 5

A GREAT GROUP of guys that I am HONORED to consider my good friends.

Please stay safe and stay healthy to you ALL.

Willy (NFD2004)

Last edited:
"3511" - distinguished US Army veteran - West Point graduate - Brigadier General (retired) - former president of Fire Bell Club - Board of Directors Fire Bell Club - longtime FDNY supporter for fundraisers and special events - noted FDNY and fire service historian - Happy Veterans Day - thank you for your distinguished service to our country and exemplary support to firefighters.

If I am not mistaken he use to live in DaBronx near box 3511

"3511" - distinguished US Army veteran - West Point graduate - Brigadier General (retired) - former president of Fire Bell Club - Board of Directors Fire Bell Club - longtime FDNY supporter for fundraisers and special events - noted FDNY and fire service historian - Happy Veterans Day - thank you for your distinguished service to our country and exemplary support

"3511" - distinguished US Army veteran - West Point graduate - Brigadier General (retired) - former president of Fire Bell Club - Board of Directors Fire Bell Club - longtime FDNY supporter for fundraisers and special events - noted FDNY and fire service historian - Happy Veterans Day - thank you for your distinguished service to our country and exemplary support to firefighters.
And back at you Mack, fellow West Point Grad (i remember him as a plebe two barracks away) and career Army officer, mega contributer to this site, son and father of FFs (FDNY, BFD) and too many other accomplishments to even list.
HAPPY VETERANS DAY to all who served!

A lot has been going on lately with our good friend and frequent contributor to this site; Phil D., aka "lebby".

First of all, "lebby" got engaged a little over a year ago in Central Park.
Then in August, they moved to Brooklyn, just a few blocks from "FDNYs Jolly Rogers - Engine 255/Ladder157".
Phillip tells us; "I would be remiss if I didn't acknowledge how much of a trooper my fiancé has been through all of this, first living in Newark and now Brooklyn".
Of course "lebby", who now works the streets in the 37, 45, and 49 Battalions as an EMT with the FDNY/EMS, hopes to become a Firefighter with the FDNY.

He has also been an Adjunct Instructor for the Haz-Mat Battalion since the start of the year, while still working his normal tours on the street.
He has had the opportunity to help teach almost all the cadets in Youth EMS, "Probies in First Responder Operations" and then training potential Haz-Tac members in Haz-Mat Basic, along with helping out at the Medical Special Operations Conference and the FDNY Gala.

"lebby" says the fulltime instructors up there are "World Class" and he can't speak highly enough of being able to learn from them.

He recently got hurt at work and after a doctors appointment the other day, then with another doctors appointment coming up in a few days, he hopes to be returning to work.

There are several of us here who know Phil, "lebby", personally.
Without a doubt, I think WE ALL CONSIDER HIM A CREDIT TO HIS GENERATION.
And No Doubt, if being an FDNY Firefighter is what he wants to do, everyone of us would be glad to help him in anyway we can to achieve that goal.

So we hope everything goes well with your next doctors appointment and that you will be able to return to your regular position working as an EMT in the streets of Brooklyn.

"THANK YOU FOR THE JOB YOU DO"

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN BRAD.

I checked into my files and this photo was taken on September 20, 2022

In this "group photo" we have starting from left to right:
1) Retired U.S. Army Brigadier General, Ed K., aka "3511"
2) Retired FDNY Supervising Dispatcher, Gary G., FDNY Dispatcher # 56
3) Retired FDNY Member, Mike P., Engine 91 and Engine 91-2 during the busy FDNY War Years
4) Retired Con Ed Supervisor - Westchester County, Frank D., aka "fdce54"
5) Retired FDNY Lt Tom K., aka "Lt Q" - Engine 5, Lt Ladder 112
6) Retired FDNY Firefighter, Dan P., aka "johnny gage" - Ladder 31, Engine 88/Ladder 38, Ladder 5

A GREAT GROUP of guys that I am HONORED to consider my good friends.

Please stay safe and stay healthy to you ALL.

Willy (NFD2004)
Great pick Boys!

A lot has been going on lately with our good friend and frequent contributor to this site; Phil D., aka "lebby".

First of all, "lebby" got engaged a little over a year ago in Central Park.
Then in August, they moved to Brooklyn, just a few blocks from "FDNYs Jolly Rogers - Engine 255/Ladder157".
Phillip tells us; "I would be remiss if I didn't acknowledge how much of a trooper my fiancé has been through all of this, first living in Newark and now Brooklyn".
Of course "lebby", who now works the streets in the 37, 45, and 49 Battalions as an EMT with the FDNY/EMS, hopes to become a Firefighter with the FDNY.

He has also been an Adjunct Instructor for the Haz-Mat Battalion since the start of the year, while still working his normal tours on the street.
He has had the opportunity to help teach almost all the cadets in Youth EMS, "Probies in First Responder Operations" and then training potential Haz-Tac members in Haz-Mat Basic, along with helping out at the Medical Special Operations Conference and the FDNY Gala.

"lebby" says the fulltime instructors up there are "World Class" and he can't speak highly enough of being able to learn from them.

He recently got hurt at work and after a doctors appointment the other day, then with another doctors appointment coming up in a few days, he hopes to be returning to work.

There are several of us here who know Phil, "lebby", personally.
Without a doubt, I think WE ALL CONSIDER HIM A CREDIT TO HIS GENERATION.
And No Doubt, if being an FDNY Firefighter is what he wants to do, everyone of us would be glad to help him in anyway we can to achieve that goal.

So we hope everything goes well with your next doctors appointment and that you will be able to return to your regular position working as an EMT in the streets of Brooklyn.

"THANK YOU FOR THE JOB YOU DO"
Thank you for the shout-out Uncle Willie I'm still at Station 10, but like you said I've been working overtime wherever I can get it which is always an adventure.

A Very Happy Belated Birthday Wish goes out to my good friend, and Brother Firefighter Stu, aka "scarter" on this site.

Stuie, who is now also known as "Jet Blue Stu" turned 54 years old on December 14th of 2022.

Back in 1970 - 1975, I was a walking letter carrier in Connecticut's home to the "Rich and Famous".
I delivered mail to famous people like Paul Newman, NBC Sports Announcer Jim McKay, and Martha Stewart, all who have since passed on.

I also delivered mail to then Little 5-6 year old, "Jet Blue Stu".

Little did I know that "Jet Blue Stu" wanted to be a "fireman" too.
We were both "wanna be's"

Well for me I got that Wanna Be Fireman (as they were called then) job back in 1975.
Not that being a letter carrier was a bad job, but being a fireman is what I really wanted to do.

Several years go by and I am introduced to our newest Probie.
He tells us his name and we ask him where he is from.
I can't believe it.

Then I ask him what street he lived on and he tells me.
His house was my toughest delivery.
It was the last house at the very end of a long steep hill carrying that bag full of mail.

Well, Stuie did a great job and like so many of us, he was into it.
As a firefighter he performed very well and he played a part in making a GREAT RESCUE of a civilian along with another firefighter, in a basement apartment.
Back in those days, nobody in the department received any accommodation for doing such a great job.
It was just felt that you did the job you were supposed to do.

Over the years "scarter" rose to the rank of Battalion Chief and he is now retired.
He is now working as a Jet Blue Flight Attendant on a part time basis.

Happy Birthday Stuie with many more to come.

Willy, "NFD2004" - "Your Brother From A Different Mother".

Willie,
Don't tell Martha Stewart that she 's passed on - you might scare her to death.

Wow thanks Dan

When I looked it up the second time after you mentioned this, in checking further that report is false

A little late now but sorry Martha, and I do apologize for all those times that I was late with your mail and your Christmas packages also