2/9/23 Bronx 5th Alarm Box 2962

E 43 OOS for company medicals, normally 1st due.

E 42, 43 & 59 usually shop here, perhaps it has closed down, thus the forcing entry report.
On early citizen video the store looked open and recorders said on their video they stopped shopping and exited the building so they might have been open. Forcing entry might have been to some other locked doors/roll down gates also in the front of the building but not main entrance

A long time ago. Many charred beams behind the drop ceiling. Maybe when it was the A & P.

“{ FDNY BOX 2962 ~ BRONX }”…..”{ FDNY BATTLING A MAJOR 5TH ALARM FIRE IN A C-TOWN SUPERMARKET ON UNIVERSITY AVENUE IN MORRIS HEIGHTS AREA OF THE BRONX IN NEW YORK CITY }”….

5F67315D-6C46-4BD6-A400-B5678B4F26C7.jpeg

“{ **THE DAY AFTER** VIDEO OF FDNY BOX 2962 FOR A 5TH ALARM FIRE IN A SUPERMARKET ON UNIVERSITY AVENUE IN THE MORRIS HEIGHTS AREA OF THE BRONX IN NEW YORK CITY }”…..

“{ FDNY BOX 2962 ~ BRONX }”…..”{ FDNY FIRE COMMISSIONER KAVANAGH, FDNY CHIEF OF THE DEPARTMENT HODGENS AND FDNY CHIEF OF OPERATIONS ESPOSITO BRIEF MEDIA AFTER MAJOR 5TH ALARM FIRE IN A C-TOWN SUPERMARKET ON UNIVERSITY AVENUE IN MORRIS HEIGHTS AREA OF THE BRONX IN NEW YORK CITY”…..

Last edited:
I appreciate the kind words...Any suggestions would be awesome. Trying new things here and there... I always found myself looking for audio...figured i was not the only one...so i made the channel
Nice, I'm very not good on computers and stuff so I can't run such channel but I was always looking as well for recordings. And nits important to have it. Some don't understand the hard work dispatchers do every day. Especially since 9/11 when because of security measures they are closed for public visits it's hard to understand how difficult the job Is and having such a channel makes us closer to understand the job, so thank you for what you are doing and keep it up.
(I'd suggest to put out not only fires, also like when there's an extreme busy hour like by a heavy weather, is also good to have a recording of the air.)

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
“The call came in at 5:30 p.m. this evening for an odor of smoke at 1750 University Avenue. There was heavy fire on arrival and a smoke condition. Our members were on scene in under four minutes. We have over 50 units here and over 200 Firefighters and EMTs on scene,” said Fire Commissioner Laura Kavanagh. “There is obviously a loss of property in the community tonight, but thanks to the hard work of our members, no loss of life this evening. So, this is a large fire and a lot of work for our members. But it's what they do every day. And they did a phenomenal job.”
Chief of Department John Hodgens said,” The store had just closed up for the night and the gates were down. We had to force entry into the store. Our members quickly got inside and started to fight the fire. The fire was advanced and it was up in the space between the ceiling and the roof. The fire eventually gained a lot of headway and we were forced to evacuate the building due to the heavy volume of fire. We quickly put tower ladders in operation and had hand lines in all of the exposed buildings. We were able to keep the fire contained to just this one building.”
This evening FDNY members worked to extinguish a 5-alarm fire at 1750 University Avenue in the Bronx. There were three injuries to Firefighters and one injury to a civilian. The fire is now under control.
_nc_ohc=GIst6NrbMZQAX_R_FYR&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=_bzW_-8PEvcAX-eoNl6&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=RYFKYVZ-TqoAX_6kleu&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=uTETk-03i4EAX-uXYIS&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=9jQGAvTli2kAX84DWgl&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

I'm surprised they didn't have the satellite in operation, seems like it would be a good deluge tool in a surround and drown like this.

A C Town Supermarket closed at 1730 hrs ?
I believe there is some miscommunication on that cause it was listed as 2100 closing and they did have to force entry to some gates but I don’t believe they would be closing. The manager called 911 reporting smoke from the ceiling on the 2 side of the building. Possible was in the duct work electrical. And he evacuated people who were in the store buying merchandise.