4/7/18 Manhattan 4th Alarm 10-76 Box 4500

Yes it should have a sprinkler who knows what happened. There is a reason why the city needs us we are in a building boom yet does the city consider that we need more companies? I know they don?t every first due unit there is well above 5000 runs! Nyc is like no other place that building is a vertical neighborhood alone.

Sprinklers not required. "There are no sprinklers in residential sections of the 58-story building, but they?re not required by law in structures of that age. Trump Tower opened in 1983."  Line taken from NY Post.

smokeeater405 said:
Yes it should have a sprinkler who knows what happened. There is a reason why the city needs us we are in a building boom yet does the city consider that we need more companies? I know they don?t every first due unit there is well above 5000 runs! Nyc is like no other place that building is a vertical neighborhood alone.
Are you FDNY?

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/04/08/trump-fought-legislation-requiring-sprinklers-in-nyc-buildings/23405884/

Perhaps they were unavailable, but how is Engine 22 not assigned on this box, a 4th alarm, yet they were assigned on a 10-77 on Roosevelt Island?

FDNY Response Videos

FDNY Response Videos
E22 is the unit with H.R. 2 now. They were on the Roosevelt Island Box to transport H.R. 2 as the Vent support unit. Since E3 w/ H.R. 1 was already at the 4th alarm there was no need for E22 to bring HR 2. Also, E22 was on an EMS Run when the 3rd or 4th alarm was transmitted (or both), so they were not assigned.

smokeeater405 said:

I heard a report today on wcbs news radio 88 that somehow Trump found some sort of a loop hole in the law, that he was able to get around so he would not have to do a retrofit of a sprinkler system.

kfd274 said:
Wouldn't this building be required to have a sprinkler system?

Trump fought legislation requiring sprinklers in NYC buildings

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=retrofit+meaning&t=hb&ia=web

So, this is how he got so wealthy, he always went the cheap way!

Don?t wanna get involved in this but what he said wasn?t political. It was fact. Anyone else that didn?t put the sprinklers in would be in the hot seat for it. Trump? Maybe not so.