Changes coming to 911

CFDMarshal said:
It always amazes me when I hear a routine call get fouled up by parties involved not listening but waiting to ask the next question! After the 4th time of hearing 850 Hylan Blvd but you get to us via Fingerboard and Columbia, I am screaming at the computer asking,"are you located in a building at the rear of 850 Hylan"? I'm sure the reply would have been yes! No one asked if not 850 where from 850 are you?

That is the end of my monday morning quarterback session!

Same Thing Here, Marshal.  I'm thinking If The Alarm for 850 Hylan is Transmitted, And the Additional Info:'Reported to be in the Convent...', One of the Responding Members, (if not Several...), are going to know What that Means, and Where the Fire Is!

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
One of the problems with star fire is that you only get limited info on the mdt or teleprinter. Chiefs and ems can pull up the full history but not there others. 

I did a complaint for a call for wrong location last summer for a brush fire. We responded to a fire at xxx street. When we pull him the guy is pointing across the highway saying we went to the wrong location.  When I looked at the star fire history it gave the exact location and directions of where and how to get to the fire.

They need to allow the history button to work on all mdts

Wouldn't CIDS have had more specific information for the address such as "Occupied convent in the rear" or "Access via Fingerboard Road" etc?

FIX ALL THE STREET ALARM BOXES....NO MISTAKING A BOX LOCATION....SECONDS COUNT.

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Chief our guys got that but went to 850 hylan main building, would still be the same issue with an alarm box. They need the extra info giving those directions around back.

This location has 9 buildings on the lot, one is even 850 rear.
Cids can only hold 160 characters

tbendick said:
They need to allow the history button to work on all mdts

I said this in when the CFR program started and was told that the officer is too busy too look at the MDT. Since then I have brought it up a dozen times to no avail. Good luck trying to get that one passed. I'm sure they'll give you some excuse like there's no enough bandwidth on the network to allow it. I'd call Bovine Feces on that. 

Bulldog

Bulldog
tbendick said:
Cids can only hold 160 characters
Maybe that should be one of the 1st changes made to the system!  I'm sure there are many locations where 160 characters is not enough information.

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
The contract for I-Cad to replace Starfire and EMSCAD should have been signed already. So one issue is that they may not want to invest in the current old tech and spend the money only on upkeep. The goal was for the new CAD to be live in 2015.