Collapse Rescue

After reading the specs, it is quite clear these are replacements for the collapse rescue units. The compartmentation specs specifically mention quantities of wood to be carried in the rear, similar to the current collapse units, and the paint/decal specs specifically mention "Collapse Rescue" lettering with the company number. Yes, the six-seat cab and boat motor mount are changes from the old version of the collapse units, but it is fairly normal for apparatus to evolve with different specs through different generations. As far as why they're ordering 7 and not 5, I have no idea.

These rigs are gonna be multi purpose rigs, and able to be individually manned if needed. They are not gonna be used just for collapse.

These rigs are gonna be multi purpose rigs, and able to be individually manned if needed. They are not gonna be used just for collapse.
But you agree they're an updated version of the collapse rigs designed to replace the collapse rigs, yes? That seems pretty clear from the specs. Also curious if you have any intel on why 7 vs. 5.

But you agree they're an updated version of the collapse rigs designed to replace the collapse rigs, yes? That seems pretty clear from the specs. Also curious if you have any intel on why 7 vs. 5.
Still waiting on an answer about 7…. When I asked about the 9 rescues that number was wrong so maybe the number is wrong on this too

The Spartans probably dont need replacing so that might be only 3 (Or 2 I cant remember) Collapse Rigs getting the new rigs?

Still waiting on an answer about 7…. When I asked about the 9 rescues that number was wrong so maybe the number is wrong on this too
The contract for the new rescue’s is 30 million so if it’s 5 then that would be 6 million per truck.

The contract for the new rescue’s is 30 million so if it’s 5 then that would be 6 million per truck.
I was told that Seagrave wanted almost double the amount Ferrara did but idk if that has anything to do with it

Interesting that they spec’d the L9 motor when Cummins is replacing it with a 10 liter by 2027. Most manufacturers stopped taking orders for them because they’re so far behind that a rig ordered now will be built with the new 10 liter. Then again maybe thats the reason for a commercial chassis if they can crank them out sooner then a custom chassis.

Engine specs tend to be 2-3 years old. It calls for the Cummins or equivalent.

After reading the specs, it is quite clear these are replacements for the collapse rescue units. The compartmentation specs specifically mention quantities of wood to be carried in the rear, similar to the current collapse units, and the paint/decal specs specifically mention "Collapse Rescue" lettering with the company number. Yes, the six-seat cab and boat motor mount are changes from the old version of the collapse units, but it is fairly normal for apparatus to evolve with different specs through different generations. As far as why they're ordering 7 and not 5, I have no idea.
So just a thought, the job ordering 7 therefore allowing for 5 to be assigned to the rescue companies and having 2 spare apparatus of the same type since they are going to be used and manned for special reasons.

probably so all rescue have the same boat and motor for calls
I think since Sandy, that most of the Special operations vehicles could be used in a short notice for water rescue crews. These trucks now becoming crew cabs means it could become extra water rescue crew with a couple of duffel bags of gear and bring a crew in the cab. So FDNY would increase the water rescue capability of the department. Just my thoughts.

what’s the process on determining the specs of a new rig? there’s a panel or a board side on what’s going to be built or do any of the firefighters have any say in this?