Staten Island Engines 157 and 161
Queens Engines 294,306, 328 and Ladder 138
Brooklyn Engines 205, 206, 218, 220, 233, 284, Ladders 104 and 161

According to NYCFireWire:

Engines 73, 42, and 92 and Squad 41 in the Bronx
Engine 1 and Ladder 24 in Manhattan
Engine 157 and Ladders 79, 83 in Staten Island
Engine 216 and Ladder 106 in Brooklyn

All out of service due to staffing shortages caused by vaccine mandate. The numbers will likely increase before/on November 1st, when the layoffs due to the mandate take place. There are probably more companies going OOS as we speak. Scary times for sure.

What a disgrace. They want to take out SI companies? That place is more crowded than ever. These morons are a danger to public safety while being in charge of it. Not 1 FDNY member should EVER be laid off period. As one example E157 responded to my sister's house last year on the 3rd alarm to relieve E167 working in the basement. If these companies are closed where is the relief coming from? Every one of those companies responded that morning and it was August so alot of relief was needed. Our family is grateful to all the companies that responded that day and that included relocated companies. My point is that's just one large fire what happens if there's multiple large fires? These fools don't consider it.

Last edited:

All out of service due to staffing shortages caused by vaccine mandate. The numbers will likely increase before/on November 1st, when the layoffs due to the mandate take place. There are probably more companies going OOS as we speak. Scary times for sure.
All those Bronx companies are back in service

E-93 & L-34 OOS

What a disgrace. They want to take out SI companies? That place is more crowded than ever. These morons are a danger to public safety while being in charge of it. Not 1 FDNY member should EVER be laid off period. As one example E157 responded to my sister's house last year on the 3rd alarm to relieve E167 working in the basement. If these companies are closed where is the relief coming from? Every one of those companies responded that morning and it was August so alot of relief was needed. Our family is grateful to all the companies that responded that day and that included relocated companies. My point is that's just one large fire what happens if there's multiple large fires? These fools don't consider it.
And E157, TL79 both at an AH this morning. If they were staffed.

Just my 2 cents that isn't worth anything...Cops, Fireman, EMTs, Nurses, Doctors etc. went from hero to zero in what was essentially the matter of minutes. They're labeling you as public enemy number 1. The layoffs and closures are just the beginning. Next is going to be the influx of retirements and possibly the attrition to other departments who put the value of the members and communities they serve first and aren't forcing you know, the thing on its people. I don't even want to begin to think how many people are going to potentially die or become seriously injured because someone is flexing their political muscle because little Timmy and little Debby refuses to be bullied, harassed or forced to do something they don't want to do. I don't know exact number, and correct me if I am wrong but didn't a large number of members contract COVID and now have a natural defense without the ya know, the thing...?

This is just the start of society letting off the self destruct button. I apologize in advance if this seems out of pocket or like I'm rambling. To the brothers and sisters who are fighting the good fight, my heart and my prayers are with you. HOLD THE LINE AND DON"T BACK DOWN.

"The fire department is the last stop gap from the city crumbling"

ABC7 reports that city officials believe a "job action" may be under way this Friday evening as there have been a lot of members calling off sick. (Remember the uptick in illness could be side effects of the vaccine they mandated!)

Some companies have had to close and others are running short Friday night.

All union officials vehemently deny any knowledge of a job action.

I am a little confused. Are companies being taken OOS because they would fail to meet a minimum staffing requirement or are they being closed to be able to distribute personnel throughout the city to maintain some sort of uniform city-wide coverage?

^^^^^Both.... if the the Units manpower can't be up to the proper level then it can be closed & remaining Members re distributed to bring another Unit up to the proper level.
And how would the remaining members be distributed? I would assume they would remain in the same battalion if necessary.

FoxNews article reported 10 companies were placed out of service Friday because of what the brass called 'sick out'. Commissioner Nigro quoted as saying the loss of 10 companies puts public safety at risk!

Okay Mr. Nigro, and how about when the vaccine mandate closes 20% of companies and cuts 150 EMS tours? What is that doing to public safety??

As per NYCFirewire on twitter....

Closed:

Bronx- Engine 48, 88, Ladder 17, 59.

Manhattan- Engine 65, Ladders 21 & 36.

Brooklyn- Engine 227, 231, 239, 249, 280, 290, 323, Ladders 103, 106, 122, 149, 176.

Staten Island Engine 158, Ladder 79.

Queens- Engine 307, Ladder 128 & 160

Is the FDNY doing testing of members now. Any closings due to Medical leave or quarantine