Early FDNY Squads & TCUs

Am I blind or was there never a posting about old FDNY Squads and TCU's used during the War Years? I can't remember if I saw posts on here or somewhere else. There was an immense amount of info, photos and stories from what I can recall. If anyone knows where to find info on these units or can find an old link to a thread that would be greatly appreciated. If none such existed maybe we can start a new topic on these busy units?

Matt

Matt,

Try searching up "TCU" or "TCU Ladder 712", etc. in the search bar. That may give you some more info. There have been plenty of postings regarding Tactical Control Units and their roles during the war years all over the forum. You just have to know where to look, and the search function can help.

Also try looking up "The War Years" in the search bar. You might be able to find some info on the early Squads, or any other info. There is a wealth of information out there and I'm sure someone can let you know in-depth answers to any or your questions.

I'll try digging through some older threads and post some links. For now, I'm sure there are quite a few members who can give you a quick sum-up of the Squads, where they were located, and the TCU's. They were numbered in the range of 1-10, etc., and were originally manpower companies based in Harlem, the Bronx, and Brooklyn, but then became pseudo-Engine Companies to combat the fireload. TCU's were manned during peak fire hours in busy neighborhoods with heavy fire loads in the Bronx and Brooklyn. There were only a handful of TCU Engines and Ladders that were placed into service. TCU 712(Ladder) was quartered with Engine 82/Ladder 31 in the Bronx, for example.

-Emmett M.