FDNY Chief Officer Cars and Vehicles

C'mon now, Rev . . . you're supposed to be looking at the Chief's car!  8)  Good thing there wasn't a gorgeous woman in the picture, too.  ::)

The Reverend is not interested in gorgeous women. Only in saving souls. And if that soul happens to be a gorgeous woman.....well.... ;D :)

That was a nasty job. Didn't recognize it until I looked closer at the picture. The building was a narrow structure that ran  from Broadway to Trinity Place and among other things, had large quanities of microfilm stored within.
15 Truck had the original Seagrave rearmount assigned to them and they operated their ladder pipe on the Trinity Place side of the fire. Not sure of the year, I would say 1971 or early 1972.

While we're ignoring the Chief's car . . . isn't that one of the original Super Pumper's satellites with the deck gun in operation?  Sides of the apparatus body look too smooth to be an engine company.  And, if it is . . . what was supplying it?  The Super Pumper?  1261Truckie:  do you know?

Yes, that is an original Mack Satellite, the other Mack C facing the camera may be an Engine or Tower Ladder 1 (not clear enough to tell).

As for supply, there is large diameter hose as the Satellites carried, may have been supplied by pumper(s) feeding a manifold or Super Pumper.  In those days a Satellite responded on the second alarm. Super Pumper, Tender, and usually another Satellite on the third.

I recall that Super Pumper and Tender were assigned on second alarms below 34th St in Manhattan.

I seem to recall the Satellite responding on the box to the BKLYN Navy Yard when R*2 was still on Carlton Av & we were on the box there.

mack

Administrator
Response for Superpumper system when organized in October 1965:

Superpumper/Supertender (located at E 211):
    - 2nd alarms in Lower Manhattan, Red Hook, Williamsburg, Newtown Creek area
    - 3rd alarms or greater in other parts of city
    - when special called

Satellites (located at E 211 then moved to E 31; E 83; E 242):
    - 2nd alarms in assigned areas
    - on boxes fireboat assigned