New Rescues ?

That Quantity Doesn't make much sense. There are 5 front line rigs plus rescue 6. Now all of the rescues have a backup rig fully stocked the flavor all to be new that would be 12 total but they've been using their most recently for the backup so that means they only need 6 new ones. Hopefully somebody has heard the reasoning for buying 9 new units.
Okay this is not 100% but this is what I got out of it….

5 Rescues
1 Hazmat
3 Collapses (2005 rigs)

Okay this is not 100% but this is what I got out of it….

5 Rescues
1 Hazmat
3 Collapses (2005 rigs)
The bid distinctly stated tandem axle with front and rear winch ….the only vehicles in the FDNY fleet that fits that description are the 5 rescues . Hazmat , no winches. Collapse rigs , single axle and no winches. So the million dollar question is …why 9 rigs and not 10…..still .

Last edited:
The bid distinctly stated tandem axle with front and rear winch ….the only vehicles in the FDNY fleet that fits that description is the 5 rescues . Hazmat , no winches. Collapse rigs , single axle and no winches. So the million dollar question is …why 9 rigs and not 10…..still .
I'm curious if it could be a typo, the last ambulance order had one regarding quantity.

The bid distinctly stated tandem axle with front and rear winch ….the only vehicles in the FDNY fleet that fits that description is the 5 rescues . Hazmat , no winches. Collapse rigs , single axle and no winches. So the million dollar question is …why 9 rigs and not 10…..still .
They been trying to order new collapse rigs so that’s why it’s part of that

The bid distinctly stated tandem axle with front and rear winch ….the only vehicles in the FDNY fleet that fits that description are the 5 rescues . Hazmat , no winches. Collapse rigs , single axle and no winches. So the million dollar question is …why 9 rigs and not 10…..still .
new collapses could be bigger rigs

I am surprised there is not a dedicated hazmat for each borough as well as a TSU. I also remember talked of a dedicated high-rise unit as one of the other members talked about, but having a pumping option available

I am surprised there is not a dedicated hazmat for each borough as well as a TSU. I also remember talked of a dedicated high-rise unit as one of the other members talked about, but having a pumping option available
each boro has at least 2 haz-mat tech units

not dedicated there planning for new High-Rise Units

There was talks that the new High Rise Units would have pumps but that was a past staff Chief that was looking into that. They are due for replacement awaiting to see