New Rescues ?

I'd still like to know which company will not be getting a dedicated spare.
Curious why you think that? Because Hazmat is definitely included in this order. They are always made together… so that leaves 3 trucks… and what’s the oldest 3 trucks that are rescue types? Would be the (3) 2005 Mack Collapses which have been trying to get replaced before COVID.

Bulldog

Bulldog
Curious why you think that? Because Hazmat is definitely included in this order. They are always made together… so that leaves 3 trucks… and what’s the oldest 3 trucks that are rescue types? Would be the (3) 2005 Mack Collapses which have been trying to get replaced before COVID.
That certainly sounds like a valid guess but was posted earlier that they were all the same and included winches etc.? If that's the case that would be strange for the configuration of the collapse rescues being the same.

That certainly sounds like a valid guess but was posted earlier that they were all the same and included winches etc.? If that's the case that would be strange for the configuration of the collapse rescues being the same.
I’ll see if I can get some confirmation on this.

Funny thing is I asked a high source at shops and high source in FDNY and no one knows about 9 rescue trucks… 100% not spares

Joe Pinto reports in the March/April issue of Fire Apparatus Journal that the Seagrave contract is for SIX rescues and FIVE collapse rescues. That makes eleven, not nine as mentioned above. Or is that two separate contracts? And why six rescues?

Joe Pinto reports in the March/April issue of Fire Apparatus Journal that the Seagrave contract is for SIX rescues and FIVE collapse rescues. That makes eleven, not nine as mentioned above. Or is that two separate contracts? And why six rescues?
Maybe the 6th rescue is the hazmat basically almost the same rig.

Hazmat would make sense as the "New" one saw service for like a day. But maybe a 6th Reserve Spare Rescue Rig?