New Seagrave Contracts

Just wondering about the special emblems on various companies such as the "Pride of the Point" emblem on this unit. If the design and implementation of it paid for by the company themselves or to the FDNY pay for the genocide in implementation of the logos? You get on most companies including the sides of tower ladders.
Bulldog... The job puts the company logo on the Rigs. When the job got the KMEs the guys at the factory put them on. At one point they were behind with the logos so the company's got there Rigs and the guys from KME came to the firehouse to put it on the rig. I'm not sure how Seagrave does it. When the Rigs leave the plant they go to the NJ bldg that does the repair work.
The rig is sent to a private vendor that puts on all the lettering , stripping and the company logo.

NOW LET'S GET BACK TO THE NEW SEAGRAVE CONTACTS....

I have been told the FDNY recently placed a order with Seagrave for NEW TILLERS. ( YES REAL FIRETRUCKS THAT BEND )

From what l understand it is a pretty big order.

If anyone sees the order request please post

NOW LET'S GET BACK TO THE NEW SEAGRAVE CONTACTS....

I have been told the FDNY recently placed a order with Seagrave for NEW TILLERS. ( YES REAL FIRETRUCKS THAT BEND )

From what l understand it is a pretty big order.

If anyone sees the order request please post
According to an article in Fire Engineering the contract is for 10 four wheel drive tractor drawn by International which builds Mack

2000GPM engines are I believe the norm now in the department. That old picture of satellite 1 working was when the engines were 1000GPM pumpers.
It is the norm. My question is why does anyone need a 2000 GPM pumper? 99% of the time it's going to be pumping on a one and three quarter inch line.

Lebby... what do you mean logo on logo ??
He / Lebby means, there is a logo on the brand new truck which has an image of the brand new truck already with the logo on the brand new truck on the logo, swhew, l think l worded that correctly,.... and Lebby, and now l am too, wondering how they got an image of the brand new truck with the brand new truck already on the logo before the logo could have been on the brand new truck....lol

l guess we need a super zoom of the logo on the truck which is on the logo on the actual brand new truck to see what truck is represented, then if its the brand new truck on that ZOOMED image we're wondering how that image was captured, :unsure:

Last edited:
It is the norm. My question is why does anyone need a 2000 GPM pumper? 99% of the time it's going to be pumping on a one and three quarter inch line.
2000GPM engines are I believe the norm now in the department. That old picture of satellite 1 working was when the engines were 1000GPM pumpers.
Sorry, that was the only pic that I found of a satellite actually flowing water at a scene. I thought it would be a more dramatic image. While they can flow just 1,000 GPM from one old pumper (with the 2" tip), they have the ability to flow over 5,000 GPM (with larger tips on the older ones or with the variable tip on the newest ones.) Certainly, they (Satellites and Super Tender cab) flowed more than 1,000 GPM when the Super Pumper was still around. If I'm not mistaken, the 2,000 GPM pumpers started with the satellite units, likely to give them at least 2,000 GPM alone or 3,500 GPM with one other (standard) engine. I don't know why they started rolling them out across the city. Perhaps, economies of scale made it cost effective to do so.

I'm confused how they got a picture of the rig with the logo on the logo. Is that the old logo photoshopped on maybe?
The question is: does the logo on the engine on the logo on the engine have a picture of the engine? Sort of an infinite mirror situation.

Seriously, though, I would guess that they took a photo of the rig with all of its striping and numbering done, photoshopped a simplified version of the company's logo onto it, shrunk it down, put that onto another version of the same photo, which in turn was put onto a full version of the logo and then printed out to put on their rig.

If the design and implementation of it paid for by the company themselves or to the FDNY pay for the genocide in implementation of the logos?

What does this mean?

If I remember correctly the satellite engine companies were 2,000gpm in case the satellite was used or to supply the manifold. After the attack on 9/11 and the serious disruption of water supply in lower Manhattan the job decided to make 2,000 gpm the norm. Lower Manhattan was supplied by fireboats drafting from the River to supply units operating at the trade center. I think the job recognized the need for better relay capability plus need to have more gpm to also supply more lines if needed so it upped the pumper gpm. The first pumpers of the 2008 Seagrave order started the changeover