News of Members

The 108 George Cassidy mentioned above was a Great Guy & FF & Mentor to me who was a Senior Man / LCC on both Siegel St & Union Ave. in 108..George grew up in a cold water flat in a tenement in Hells Kitchen (my Birthplace in St Clares)...George was a tough but warm hearted Irishman nicknamed "West Side George"...he would sit in the kitchen with his right knee crooked over his left knee & would be swinging his right foot...when a new guy or a detail was in the kitchen & got antsy when a box was coming in over the Bells....George would look at him & say "relax watch my foot , when it stops swinging then we go"...Photo of George in our 1963 Seagrave before the plywood riot roof was added over the Cab & Tiller.. 1637546840356.png

I have heard that another member of this site, Retired FDNY Lt Tom Kuefner, aka "Lt Q", is scheduled to appear on the Gettin' Salty Podcast.
I think Lt Kuefner is scheduled for the evening of Thursday, December 9th.

Other Nycfire.net members they've had on the show are;

John Calamari, aka "jkal"
Dan Potter, aka "JohnnyGage"
Garrett Lindgren, aka "69METS".
Dispatcher Warren Fuchs, aka "Disp 120"

mack

Administrator
Best wishes for BC Steve Elliott who is still recovering from a serious medical issue and had another medical procedure today. Steve has returned to his duties as Department Training Chief while in recovery. Prayers for Steve.

All the best Steve, aka "fltpara16".

The evening of August 10th you went in for emergency surgery.

I think for most of us who consider you a good friend, "it was something that none of us expected".

Since that time it has certainly been a long road to recovery for you, and now you must receive this second related surgery.

I will keep you in my prayers and I DO have confidence in the EXCELLENT DOCTORS AND NURSES of today.

"Hang in there my friend".

Best wishes for BC Steve Elliott who is still recovering from a serious medical issue and had another medical procedure today. Steve has returned to his duties as Department Training Chief while in recovery. Prayers for Steve.
Super fast recovery Chief.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. The procedure on Wednesday went well. I see my surgeon for follow up on Tuesday November 30th. I have 1 more major abdominal surgery needed. Hopefully I will get a date for this when I see the surgeon. I am expecting sometime in February. This, I hope, will be the last surgery needed to correct my medical condition.

I have heard that another member of this site, Retired FDNY Lt Tom Kuefner, aka "Lt Q", is scheduled to appear on the Gettin' Salty Podcast.
I think Lt Kuefner is scheduled for the evening of Thursday, December 9th.

Other Nycfire.net members they've had on the show are;

John Calamari, aka "jkal"
Dan Potter, aka "JohnnyGage"
Garrett Lindgren, aka "69METS".
Dispatcher Warren Fuchs, aka "Disp 120"

A reminder that another one of our members will be appearing on the Gettin' Salty Podcast tomorrow evening, Thursday, December 9th.

Tune in and hear what Retired FDNY Lt Tom Kuefner, aka "Lt. Q", has to say.

Lt Kuefner is a great guy who loved the job. He also has a son on the FDNY now.

I first met Lt Kuefner, aka Lt Q, after being invited to the 50th Anniversary Reunion of the FDNY Probie Class of September, 1968.
Lt Kuefner was rookie firefighter just as those very busy FDNY War Years of very heavy fire activity were beginning.

Also graduating the same Probie Class was now Retired FDNY B/C Jack Kleehaas, aka "68jk09", and our site Administrator and Owner, Retired FDNY Captain John Bendick, aka "jbendick".

They ALL sure caught their share of work.

I call them "The Greatest Generation of Firefighters".

I might also mention that Lt Kuefner was a Lt at Ladder 112 when Nycfire member Dan Potter, aka "Johnny Gage", was assigned there.

So don't forget - tune in the "Gettin' Salty Podcast" tonight (Dec 9th) starting at 8 pm.

If you do miss the program tonight, you can still view it later on the "Gettin Salty Podcast" You tube series another time.

"I know I'm planning to tune in".