News of Members

Thanks JK, unimaginable that this show would be so popular still after 50 years. I remember watching the first episode in my Aunts house on Schaefer St in Bushwick like it was yesterday.
Schaefer St.... wow know area well when 1st got on job assigned to 28 Batt. & as kid watching the show crazy stuff. Don't make shows like that anymore 70's & 80s... few come to mind Barney Miller, little later Hills Street Blues, little older Baretta, Starskey & Hutch. When TV was TV.

Hi all:

I was trying to locate a thread for new members on this site to introduce themselves, and this seemed like the closest thing. Apologies if I am posting in the wrong place.

By way of introduction, I'm a firefighting enthusiast from Canada. I run a Twitter page on the east cost of Canada called Halifax Fire News. I cover fire and emergency news in town here as a hobby. For reasons that will remain personal, the page is anonymous in the sense that I do not give out my name, but many people simply call me HFN, hence the username here.

Since I was young, I've had a strong passion for the fire service and have been drawn to FDNY in particular. I often listen to FDNY radio and read forums such as this one as I love learning about the department. I've been reading this message board for over a decade. I'm not sure why it took me so long to create an account, but here we are. Thanks for having me.

The founders and members of this site are to be congratulated as this is hands down the best source for FDNY news and discussion on the internet (in my humble opinion). I am consistently impressed with the depth of information that can be found here as well as the wide range of members contributing to the discussion. I hope to add to that.

All the best, looking forward to the discussions.

Welcome, HFN! Nova Scotia is beautiful. I loved my time there. Only thing I'm disappointed about is that they discontinued the ferry from Yarmouth to Bar Harbor. That was a great trip.

HFN, welcome to this site and thank you for your story and interest

Some Great people here, all contributing in their own way.

Please feel free to join in with your own stories or facts, or feel free to ask questions.

If possible, I'm sure somebody here will be able to help you.

We are all here basically for the same reason. That being; "Our love of the fire service".

Hello HFN. I have family roots in Halifax and used to visit every summer. I rode with the Deputy Chief, Car 48, from University Avenue whenever I was in town the 1960s. I think that I knew almost everyone on the job in Halifax at that time. HFD has changed a lot since then.

Deputy Chief Jack O’Brien was a big influence on my future career in the fire service, which is coming up on 54 years, about half in the USA and half back in Canada.

Thanks all for the welcomes. Wasn't expecting folks would have NS connections- small world!

We would like to wish, Nycfire.net member, Garrett Lindgren, aka "69METS", a very Happy Birthday today, January 17th.

Garrett, a retired FDNY Member, is also a good friend to many of us here.

A Firefighter who enjoyed doing the job following in his fathers footsteps.

His career was spent in some of the busiest FDNY companies in the city.

Happy Birthday Brother.