News of Members

I was a member of BFD along with Dan "Johnny Gage" back in the day. I also held a part time position working for the Fire District as a dispatcher which was housed here at the main house. BFD at the time had 3 outlying houses as well, all engine companies.

Well unfortunately all this pictures l post for you guys will be very limited. Since my old landlord sold the house in Glendale l had to move. I figured since it will be my last move we packed up and came to Baldwin Fla. I arrived this morning with my grandaughter at noon today. My Rabbi told me he would send me pics of new Seagrave apparatus so l can contuine posting them for you all.

Thank you all for those kind words that you all messaged me regarding the pics l posted.
I will always contuine to participate in this great group where l made allot of new great friends. If anyone is in my new neighborhood feel free to stop in anytime.

Doug Marra. AuxWarYears Capt

Yes, THANK YOU DOUG "AuxWarYearsCapt", for all your contributions here on this site.
Just because you have moved to "The Sunshine State" doesn't mean we can't hear from you.
Keep in touch there young man.

I DO UNDERSTAND how you feel though because as We Both Know, as well as many others, "THERE's ONLY ONE FDNY".
Once you get hooked, it never goes away.
For me it started way back in 1968 on Carlton Ave in Brooklyn.

And YES, many times you and I, as well as a several others got together at Our FAVORITE Hangout, (for me other than Micky D's) in Bayside.
Lot's of GREAT MEMORIES, and that all started with another GREAT FRIEND to many here, "68jk09".

And of course the ONE WE ALL OWE THE MOST TO IS, "jbendick" and his son.
If NOT for them, none of this might have happened.

All the BEST Doug.
Enjoy that nice warm sunny weather.
You can read about the Cold Winter Snow and Ice in NYC on this site.
No more BANJO's needed for you.

Yes, THANK YOU DOUG "AuxWarYearsCapt", for all your contributions here on this site.
Just because you have moved to "The Sunshine State" doesn't mean we can't hear from you.
Keep in touch there young man.

I DO UNDERSTAND how you feel though because as We Both Know, as well as many others, "THERE's ONLY ONE FDNY".
Once you get hooked, it never goes away.
For me it started way back in 1968 on Carlton Ave in Brooklyn.

And YES, many times you and I, as well as a several others got together at Our FAVORITE Hangout, (for me other than Micky D's) in Bayside.
Lot's of GREAT MEMORIES, and that all started with another GREAT FRIEND to many here, "68jk09".

And of course the ONE WE ALL OWE THE MOST TO IS, "jbendick" and his son.
If NOT for them, none of this might have happened.

All the BEST Doug.
Enjoy that nice warm sunny weather.
You can read about the Cold Winter Snow and Ice in NYC on this site.
No more BANJO's needed for you.
Thanks Willie D. And I'm sorry l forgot to give Signal 73 a big shout out. He posted all the pics for me and got that I THANK YOU BRAD.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAY and Many More Good Healthy One's Ahead.
And THANK YOU For All Of Your Contributions to this site.

Hope you get to celebrate with 82 of those great big Micky D's double cheeseburgers - one for each year just like I did on my Happy 75th.

Of course Mr "fdce54" has it backwards in post #2515 here.
But I "AM" catching up with you Ray.

And look at that "johnd248", aka Johnny D.
A guy who still thinks he's in the drivers seat of those horse drawn steamers going to fires.

But we all do have one great thing in common.
It sure was a great time growing up over those last seven or eight decades.
From those Doo Wop Days and guys like Deputy Barney Fife.
From Superman and Mickey Mouse
To a thing called the internet where all of us somewhat older guys can meet up and wish each other a very HAPPY and HEALTHY BIRTHDAY.