Runs & Workers 2010

frank,

Been reading through them and would just like to add once again my thanks for your time on this. Its guys like yourself who put your own time and effort into these projects that enables those of us from afar, and possibly nearer to the Big Apple, with an interest, to keep in touch with the 'second':p best fire and rescue agency in the world.

JT

How about FDNY the best fire department in the world and London the best fire brigade in the world!! ;) ;)

According to the records I keep, B 41 has had the most structural workers for nine years in a row: 2002-2010.  E 248 is consistently in the top ten for OSW.

Many thanx Frank for  your tireless efforts, I hope you have an understudy. You CANNOT get any runs info for Chicago  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :( :mad: :mad:

I cant remember ever seeing Queens companies in the top ten categories in recent years, or have i just missed them??

JT

Rodent251 said:
I cant remember ever seeing Queens companies in the top ten categories in recent years, or have i just missed them??

JT

I'm certainly no expert on the Boro of Queens as far as a buff goes, but I remember retired FDNY Dispatcher 120 (Warren F) telling me to watch the increase in workload for some of those Queens Companies. He had mentioned Eng 275. And that was even before Ladder 133 became a new company working out of that firehouse.

He said that many areas of Queens had illegal immegrants and they were packing them into those apartments. That was a long time ago, but as we see now, he was right. Some of those Queens companies have really had their workload increase over the past few years. In the video, "Brothers in Battle", they mention how the workload has picked up in Queens even back then when that video first came out.

I've spent some time in Queens doing alittle buffing. In neighborhoods like E275/L133, and E303/L126. But no matter how I try, I just can't get those streets down. Other than Northern Blvd, Queens Blvd, Atlantic Ave, Jamaica Ave, "I'm Lost every time".

But anyway, Rodent, you are correct. The workload in Queens appears to be on a steady increase. FDNYs retired Dispatcher 120 told me about that, and Frank R's report proves it.

can some one please tell me what the OSW means on the runs and workers report. thank you

OSW= Occupied Structural Worker. Could be food on the stove, oil burner fire, rubbish inside building or apartment fire.

Looking at the top ten, engine 290 feachers pretty much in all the top ten lists apart from OSW, its in top ten for runs, and ems, and all-hands(quiet how it doesnt feacher in OSW i dont know!!), it seems P.O.S.A is one busy busy house!!! 290s stable mate 103 is also in all the top ten lists...good house to BUFF...

JT

Rodent251 said:
Looking at the top ten, engine 290 feachers pretty much in all the top ten lists apart from OSW, its in top ten for runs, and ems, and all-hands(quiet how it doesnt feacher in OSW i dont know!!), it seems P.O.S.A is one busy busy house!!! 290s stable mate 103 is also in all the top ten lists...good house to BUFF...

JT
E290/L103 house has been at or near the top for over 50 years, so have E231/L120 and E283. The neighborhoods there are among the most dangerous, case in point: A couple of weeks ago there was a woman shot to death while picking up her kids at the school next door to E231/L120 firehouse. I remember around 1971, driving past E283's old house on Bristol St. I liked to blend in so I had a large Afro hairdo (musician style) and I was wearing a Dashiki (loose fitting African style garb). I saw there was a hydrant open so I slowed down to roll my windows up then proceeded. The kids didn't spray my car with water, they spit all over it as I drove past.

OK Guitarman, gotta post a pix with your "fro", you know you are a well respected member of this site. 8)

Looking at the 2010 stats it looks as if the FDNY is getting busier. And Mayor Bloomberg wants to close companies. Look at Engine 46, 4000 plus runs and the mayor says the surrounding companies can absorb the workload. That would put the surrounding companies at 5000 plus runs.

I spoke to  Waaaaah (Disp. #120) at the Fire Bell Club dinner in June; he looked as happy as ever.

Rodent251 said:

JT

I thought a few years back that TL138 had the most runs in the city. I could be mistaken.