Runs & Workers 2010

kidfrmqns,

I think you are right. I don't know Queens that well but I was wondering the same thing. Any of you Queens guys to explain what happened to that neighborhood that L138 fell off in runs so far and fast?

One of the things was that for a certain period the pull boxes stopped being sent out ..i do not know if it was when the QNS C.O. was in BKLYN during the QNS rehab (when i was told a $1.99 relay from Radio Shack sent the bars alarms from QNS to BKLYN to be transmitted) or for some other reason....... the fact was we would find pull boxes w/the handle pulled & completly run down over &  over so something was wrong w/the system.........also maybe the population just started to disregard them or maybe the culture / nationality change had something to do w/it....over the course of a few years the 46*BNs runs dropped almost in half leveling out around 3500  the same was true for some South Qns BNs.......i do not have an exact answer..... however even though the running went down the work increased......& yes in the past LAD&126 & LAD*138 both did hit # 1 in runs citywide....some areas in North QNS still have pull boxes that are out of service since the 2 tornadoes on 9-16-10 but these areas never experienced a high false alarm rate or have any impact on the original question.

Thanks, 69jk09. Makes sense. The same thing happened in the Bronx when Giuliani yanked the pull boxes off the streets. False alarms went way down.

Frank

Just to let you know, check out the workers and HRS/OSW for SQ41 and SQ61, they are identical. Agaian, might be coincidence, but just wanted to let you know.

JT

Fixed. The only error was the OSW's for Squad 41. They have the same number of workers as 61 in my book. Coincidence or error? Who knows?

Christmas in November! Thanks for putting this together. A treat as always for the true FDNY buffs that we are.