THROWBACK THURSDAY

In #1 the item on the floor next to the stool is a "Brannock Device" which measured your feet.

#2 is a sensor for Lionel trains.  It was placed beneath the track and as the train passed over it the train's weight would complete the circuit to activate, for example, the flashing lights on a grade crossing or the man who would come out of the booth holding a lantern.

The Foot size measuring device was invented by a Dr. Brannock from upstate New York...and is still used every day in the world!

JohnnyGage said:
"PLOP, PLOP, FIZZ, FIZZ OH WHAT A RELIEF IT IS..."

Johnny at the end of your reply #56, your quote above is referring to - "ALKA SELTZER".

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxjb2UJZ-5I

I am still waiting for the complete (sophomoric ) interpretation of LSMFT as well as the answer to whose License Plate Topper was Feasterville FD ( & it was not the Voice Of BKLN Fire Radio).

68jk09 said:
I am still waiting for the complete (sophomoric ) interpretation of LSMFT as well as the answer to whose License Plate Topper was Feasterville FD ( & it was not the Voice Of BKLN Fire Radio).

"Lucky Strike Means Fine Tobacco"

jking7 said:
68jk09 said:

"Lucky Strike Means Fine Tobacco"
That is the commercial version...what is the sophomoric/childish version ?

68jk09 said:

I'll start it...
"LOOSE STRAPS MAKE...."

This is close:

floppy-disks-1280x720.jpg

In the second picture of a Bohack (parade) any idea where this was? It looks like it could be Myrtle Ave near St Pancras. I remember many parades along Myrtle Ave when I was younger.

After looking at it again, I guess there's really no way of telling where it is. My mind just takes me back to what the stores looked like.

No. 6: THE NAKED CITY

Harlem street scene

WHO BE THESE CHAPS?

EXTRA CREDIT: Identify

************

"UP IN THE VALLEY OF THE JOLLY,  HO HO HO....."

"UP IN THE VALLEY OF THE JOLLY HO HO HO - "GREEN GIANT"

#2 - Mr Jack LaLanne (he passed away at 96 years old)

#4 - Mr Whipple (please don't squeeze the charmins)

#5 - Bozo the Clown

And, the extra credit:

1.  A TV antenna switch, so you could play Pong just by flipping from the antenna on the roof to the game machine.

2. Beer (or soda) bottle caps.

3. Bang, bang, you're dead. (Caps for your toy pistol, otherwise known as a cap gun.)

OK . . . Who's this guy (hint: It's not Tex Antoine):

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 213
You grabbed the brass ring, truckie!  Give that man a kewpie doll!  Actually Uncle Wethbee . . . but close enough. Tex started out drawing him every night making him fit the forecast . . . rain hat, sun glasses, etc.

But then he got a magnetic board (think Mr. Potato Head) with changable mustache, hat, etc.

OK . . . what Station call letters did he start out on in 1948?  Extra points for a list of the stations he was on in New York.