Vintage FDNY Videos

Thanks very much Jamie. I'm glad you were able to post that video (pt 1). I know there was a little problem at first, but you did a Great job.
  I'm sure there's a lot of familiar faces to some on there. Sadly, some we have also lost since then.

Thanks "R1SmokeEater", you did a fine job. Anybody in there we know ? "69mets" maybe !
  And just a few miles to the North is a place called Yonkers. That's where "R1SmokeEater" also works on a Rescue Company similiar to what we see in the above video. I notice that the South End of Yonkers is just an Extension of the Bronx. Other than being called a "Yonkers" Firefighter, he (R1SmokeEater) does the same job that these Bronx Firefighters do. Maybe we should call Yonkers, The Sixth Boro of NYC. 

CFDMarshal said:
Any of the McTigue kids on the Job? I'm wondering now, which one were you 69mets?

Elwood(CFD), I wasn't sure if "69mets" was on that video or not. But I know he worked Rescue 3 and probadly around the time that the video was made. I think in "mikeindabronx" photos (www.fdnysbravest.com) there is a photo of him in that collection. And if I was to guess, although not ever meeting him, maybe the guy at the very end saying "don't worry about it". Just a guess though CFD.

nfd2004 said:
CFDMarshal said:
Any of the McTigue kids on the Job? I'm wondering now, which one were you 69mets?

Elwood(CFD), I wasn't sure if "69mets" was on that video or not. But I know he worked Rescue 3 and probadly around the time that the video was made. I think in "mikeindabronx" photos (www.fdnysbravest.com) there is a photo of him in that collection. And if I was to guess, although not ever meeting him, maybe the guy at the very end saying "don't worry about it". Just a guess though CFD.

When that video was done, I was still working in the same house with John Bendick. I did eventually work with some of those guys in later years. 

69 METS said:
nfd2004 said:
CFDMarshal said:

When that video was done, I was still working in the same house with John Bendick. I did eventually work with some of those guys in later years. 

Was he not the "BOSS" of one of those companies ?

Mike, John Bendick became a Loo at Eng 68 and later Captain of Eng 23. He drove for the 19 Batt. and also worked Squad 2, Eng 75 and 96. (Ain't that right Cap).

I remember this show. About halfway through this you will see Engine 10's Lowry Hydrant. Boston downtown engine companies carry a Lowry Chuck hydrant. There are connections downtown that are covered by what appears to be a manhole cover. Take the cover off and there is a threaded male coupling leading to a water scource independent of the high pressure system. Only problem, the Lowry weighs about 80 pounds and is a bitch to hook up, it is a 2 man operation, but when it is operational it is the blue stuff on the red stuff. Many thanx for posting this, coincidentally today I was reading Chief's Stapleton's book "Commish" where he re-hashed this fire. 8) :)

Thanks for that info grump !! It's been driving me nuts trying to remember what those hydrants were called. For some weird reason I thought thay were called Murphy hydrants