Vintage FDNY Videos

My apologies to you,my computer is OOS. I have to use my wife's. She is big on Cityville and Fronteirville, so I am second due. I did see the Lowry chuck, an excellent presentation of it. Thanx for showing all how it worked. 8) 8)

R1SmokeEater said:
Got this up today, 1970's Brooklyn 3rd, no particulars......... Chief JK, you know any info on this one?

Sounds like they Transmitted the third alarm for box 0852

There is also talk of "Five-Oh Street" , "Division Three" and "Tower Ladder One". 
Put it all together and I think its Manhattan Box 0852 - 12th Ave and W 49th St ?

Edited to add that I Found This ....
http://www.fire-police-ems.com/misc/df1542.shtml

This footage was taken by Sheldon Levy of Action News. It covers...........Another 5th alarm at a vacant piano factory, Manhattan Box 852, with major collapses on mail trucks parked on the street.

Florian Knight said:
There is also talk of "Five-Oh Street" , "Division Three" and "Tower Ladder One". 
Put it all together and I think its Manhattan Box 0852 - 12th Ave and W 49th St ?

Edited to add that I Found This ....
http://www.fire-police-ems.com/misc/df1542.shtml

This footage was taken by Sheldon Levy of Action News. It covers...........Another 5th alarm at a vacant piano factory, Manhattan Box 852, with major collapses on mail trucks parked on the street.

-Ok, This info is right. I usually do my research,but that's what happens when I rush a post, I didn't watch this one in a long time, just posted it.(getting it up from vhs to youtube takes alot of time)......Funny thing is, Levy's footage is available to purchase from several places now, at the time I bought his stuff direct from him many years back. I know of someone (a FDNY FF) that is friends with his Son.

......Sheldon had it listed as Brookly 3rd on vid.......Guess I gotta go back and fixit :eek:

Thanks Jamie for posting that video. I had Never seen that one before. And Thank you to the Bendick family of Firefighters for contributing that video. The Members that worked those companies were a Special Breed of People. And that tradition continues today in the "Animal House".

"R1" on a side note, do you also have the video "Fire in the Apt next door". I remember that one given by Bill Moyers about E75, L33, and Batt 19.

Just one more thing, "R1" a few guys have asked me if you will be going to the get together at the Homefield House. I guess you've got a few Fans out there.

nfd2004 said:
Thanks Jamie for posting that video. I had Never seen that one before. And Thank you to the Bendick family of Firefighters for contributing that video. The Members that worked those companies were a Special Breed of People. And that tradition continues today in the "Animal House".

"R1" on a side note, do you also have the video "Fire in the Apt next door". I remember that one given by Bill Moyers about E75, L33, and Batt 19.

Just one more thing, "R1" a few guys have asked me if you will be going to the get together at the Homefield House. I guess you've got a few Fans out there.

-Bill, On the disc TB gave me, it does have "The Fire Next Door", I xferred it form disc to computer yesterday, it has some sound issues that will probably be unfixable (by me anyway) It is almost an hour long, I may have to YouTube it in 2-parts.

-I didn't forget ya about what u asked, and I will see where I am the day of meeting.

With over 30,000 hits on 1st upload of this classic , I had time to re-do it in 1-part and better quality (1st time was video'd off tv screen) Much better now, one of my favs!! Rescue-3, many familiar faces- some retired, and some gone RIP.

FDNY Rescue-3: Nat-Geo 1991