Vintage FDNY Videos

The Fire next door. I remember watching that on TV. FDNY Eng 75/Lad 33/ and Batt 19. Busy then, and still busy today. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Here is Steve Spak's channel, Steve is a longtime FDNY Buff, with much good stuff (I have alot from years back)

http://www.youtube.com/user/photo4234

Not FDNY, .... But FDMV (Mount Vernon). From 1993 - the tiller in this vid, MV L-2 was Ex-FDNY rig.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZJ8xkreAGA

Great videos. Can anyone imagine the quality of work that would be available with the fires of the 60's70's80's with the technology of today. Hell we would be watching almost live videos of any major fire. I have one question. In one of the videos TL 153 deployes its jacks but there are no plates between the jack itself and the ground. GG

grumpy grizzly said:
Great videos. Can anyone imagine the quality of work that would be available with the fires of the 60's70's80's with the technology of today. Hell we would be watching almost live videos of any major fire. I have one question. In one of the videos TL 153 deployes its jacks but there are no plates between the jack itself and the ground. GG

Pretty common , we did the same as there were no jack plates back then! Outriggers to the ground!(and no bells and whistles)

R1SmokeEater said:
grumpy grizzly said:

Pretty common , we did the same as there were no jack plates back then! Outriggers to the ground!(and no bells and whistles)

As a buff back in those very busy days, and watching those Mack Tower Ladders beat the hell out of those fires, I really don't remember seeing too many of those metal plates being put on the ground first before the outriggers came down. So whether it was the FDNY or the Sixth Boro of Yonkers, the fires got put out with No Metal Ground Plates, and no bells and whistles. (GG, I think things might be different today though).

And Jamie (r1smoke..), thanks for all the Great Videos you have taken the time to post on here. You have certainly done a Great job in preserving the History of the Fire Service. Could you just post your website again. I lost it when some baggage handlers broke my computer. Thanks Brother.

On the 11th anniversary of 9/11, I found a documentary I taped from 2002 on post 9/11 Rescue-3.....Wondering if I should (respectfully) put it up....thoughts?

My personnal opinion, and it is just my opinion. You have posted great videos on this site. Information never posted is information lost forever. I have NO problem with your posting.

R1, I feel that you honor them by posting the story, but you do what your heart tells you. You have always been honorable and respectful.

Just one washed up, has been opinion!

Thanks Jammie for taking the time to post that video on the 11th Anniversary of Americas Worst Day. For those that have seemed to have forgetten, that video is a reminder of that terrible day.

May the Firefighters of Rescue 3, all the other firefighters, and the many others that were murdered that day, Rest in Peace.