VINTAGE FDNY WAR YEAR LIDS

1959 LAD*85 LT FRONT....when they changed to insert Fronts the initial LT Fronts were like this ...a White frame & Black or Red insert same as a FF......CPTs had the white frame & a White insert with numbers in Red or black....not too long after the cutout panel with CAPTAIN or LIEUTENANT lettered was added as were the Axe /Axes or Bugle / Bugles......

LAD*153 HELMET W / OLD STYLE FRONT..... very early Red straight Fronts turned dark like this over time....in one of the photos of the inside the small paper tag that is glued in place shows the pin pricks around the edges .....this is how the old Cairns head measuring device transferred a head shape for manufacturing a custom Helmet as used to be done......the "sellers description" seems a little strange....why would they not have returned it to a local FH back in 1944 ?.....either way it looks like a well preserved authentic piece.......I am not sure what the address on the tag is maybe back then Cairns mailed the ordered Helmets to the FFs home ? ....my custom one in proby school was delivered there not to my home.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/235112339717?hash=item36bdc99905:g:W3kAAOSwCoVkyXcf

Last edited: