New Seagrave Contracts

I get the feeling that Pierce mfg just dropped Detroit Diesel and switched to PACCAR motors for their engine option. I saw this in their chassis pages that they only offer Cummins and PACCAR motors. They must’ve dropped Detroit recently which they had exclusive rights to.

I get the feeling that Pierce mfg just dropped Detroit Diesel and switched to PACCAR motors for their engine option. I saw this in their chassis pages that they only offer Cummins and PACCAR motors. They must’ve dropped Detroit recently which they had exclusive rights to.
You might be right about dropping Detroit. Supposedly, they had a lot of issues due to electrical components and the DPF system. Cummins basically has the monopoly at this point. Life would be a lot better if fire trucks were exempt from the DPF standard. Caterpillar got out of the over-the-road business because of their issues with the DPF system.

Bulldog

Bulldog
Interesting looking truck and by appearances it matches the FDNY rescues, I wonder if it matches all other aspects that the contract requires?

Interesting looking truck and by appearances it matches the FDNY rescues, I wonder if it matches all other aspects that the contract requires?
Doesn’t FDNY require single manufacturer? As in the fact the box is made by Rescue 1 disqualify them?

Doesn’t FDNY require single manufacturer? As in the fact the box is made by Rescue 1 disqualify them?
Another reason why they "paint themselves in a corner". As I've stated before what will they do when there are no bidders?

Really quick 'n' dirty mockup:

SeagraveFDNYRescue1e.jpg

This is actually the second time that I have mocked up a Seagrave FDNY Rescue. The first was when we built the Seagrave/Saulsbury rescue for Berwyn Heights, MD (later sold to Annville.) It was a customer-supplied Seagrave chassis, but we got the CAD drawings for it. So, for fun, I put it on the E-One/Saulsbury FDNY design that I was working on. Don't recall if I ever printed them out.

Last edited:

Bulldog

Bulldog