1/17/14 3rd Alarm Bronx Box 4110

Job came in a little after the change of tours, alot of pissed off guys out there  :mad: and I'm still baffled on why 70 Engine got called

FDNYSTATENISLAND said:
Would love to see the face of the boys over at 70 when this run came in... Would love to see the faces of the men of 53 even more... All alone in the house for a while!
  I guess there are no more "SACRED COWS" in the FDNY. ;)

FDNYSTATENISLAND said:
What does that mean Gman ? I'm not familiar with the term  ;D
  I could've used another term like "UNTOUCHABLE" to describe a company that was not assigned out of their first alarm area, or asked to relocate. ;)

3511 said:
Played basketball against St Helena's In grade school. The gym was unique. The basketball court Was elevated As if it was on a stage. St Helena's was a powerhouse in that they drew from the large population of ParkChester. In 8th grade, we played St Judes in a tournament there.  At 5 foot 5, got to guard a guy named Lew Alcindor.

What is the damage to the building?

How'd u make out guarding Lew Alcindor?  ;D
.....my Dad knew him in Hs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but on the other side of the Hutch is/was St. Joseph's school for the deaf if memory serves me right.

Lew was "only" 6'8" then.... we double teamed him with another guy about my size... they threw the ball into him, he pivoted and scored... they threw the ball into him, he pivoted and scored... they threw the ball into him...

All you fossils got me to thinking (especially the Lew Aclindor story) . . .any Power Memorial alums from the late 50's here? I'm trying to find a childhood buddy of mine . . . Brendan Kizis.  Anybody know hIm?

Raybrag,
Contact JOR176. Also a Power Memorial grad. He was there in the late 50's.

I thought E70 didn't relocate. Has that changed? I also thought they must relocate an engine to replace them while they're out of service. Just trying to get my facts straight in the Bronx!

Welcome to the party. you are correct that's what the discussion is about. Historically,70/53 only leave the island for Rodman's Neck and Orchard Beach boxes. they do not leave for multiple alarms or to relocate elsewhere. they respond only on the first alarm to their assigned area. If they go to work or are OOS They must be filled by a re- locator. That's why there assignment yesterday was in question. Nobody can ever remember it happening before.

Anybody know if there was aa relocator to City Island yesterday?

3511 said:
Welcome to the party. you are correct that's what the discussion is about. Historically,70/53 only leave the island for Rodman's Neck and Orchard Beach boxes. they do not leave for multiple alarms or to relocate elsewhere. they respond only on the first alarm to their assigned area. If they go to work or are OOS They must be filled by a re- locator. That's why there assignment yesterday was in question. Nobody can ever remember it happening before.

Anybody know if there was aa relocator to City Island yesterday?
307 went to 70