1/17/14 3rd Alarm Bronx Box 4110

Sorry, guys, I fear I have hijacked an excellent discussion of FDNY operations (although I seem to have struck a chord with some accomplices).

Has anyone determined yet why E70 came off City Island? Any update on the school?

3511 said:
Sorry, guys, I fear I have hijacked an excellent discussion of FDNY operations (although I seem to have struck a chord with some accomplices).

Has anyone determined yet why E70 came off City Island? Any update on the school?
Yes I'm sorry also but I hope we have entertained some members of the site who recall such days.

Good thread....info on the Fire plus a spinoff on some history both on the school as well as some old times/good times.
fdce54 said:
3511 said:

Yes I'm sorry also but I hope we have entertained some members of the site who recall such days.
Good thread ....not hijacked at all...info on the particular Fire as well as some history not only on the school but about some old times/good times.....Thanks for sharing.

mikeindabronx said:
My wife & I both enjoyed it, she went to Catholic school (Christ the King, Queens)

I went there for 2 years as well, probably a few years after your wife though.

Tis is really hijacking the thread...but....do you guys remember when Christ The King was first started, they spent their first year on the upper floor at Mater Christi in Astoria? My Mater Christi history teacher, Hugh Kirwan, was a principal at Christ The King and my wife also graduated from there in 1969.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Talking about Bronx Catholic school dance you have add in Tolentine in the West Bronx at University Ave & West Fordham Rd. The nuns were there in the old school building, but there were some thing you could get away with. The comment of the night use to be "let some room for the Holy Ghost!"

3511 said:
Built by Coned? How did thatthe work?

I guess it was a donation.  I was told that Con Ed owned quite a bit of property in the area including parts of where Lincoln Center is today.It could be  they owned the property the gym was built on ?? there was a plaque on the gym wall thanking Con Ed that's what I'm going by in addition to hearing it from others,  "How It Worked "  I don't have a clue except for what I just related.

memory master said:
Tis is really hijacking the thread...but....do you guys remember when Christ The King was first started, they spent their first year on the upper floor at Mater Christi in Astoria? My Mater Christi history teacher, Hugh Kirwan, was a principal at Christ The King and my wife also graduated from there in 1969.

mm... my wife also graduated from Christ The King in 1969

I know why 70 went and I'm not telling. NYAH NYAH NYAH!!!! Although I have to admit, I kinda looked at it funny when I saw them there.

Wow, someone actually got a picture of me. Cute. My butt looks kinda big. I guess I wasn't looking hard enough, Anesti. I didn't see you there buddy.

I was going to be rude, but I'm a kinder gentler me now. Why the heck do you think it happened??

box4110a.jpg

box4110b.jpg

box4110c.jpg

box4110d.jpg