ANOTHER WAR YEARS VET PASSES.

Chris was my father, and I would like to thank you for all the kind words. He was in 56, 105, 111, and 123 trucks, as well as Squad 3 and Rescue 1. He loved firefighting, and the job, more than anything other than his family. He was laid to rest this morning next to his wife, at the Cemetery of the Holy Rood. FDNY and Baldwin FD did an incredible job sending him off, he would have been extremely proud. Some of his accomplishments were discussed at his wake, and most people (including his extended family) had no idea. He was one of the most humble people I know, and the best father ever. Thank you.

AdamG said:
Chris was my father, and I would like to thank you for all the kind words. He was in 56, 105, 111, and 123 trucks, as well as Squad 3 and Rescue 1. He loved firefighting, and the job, more than anything other than his family. He was laid to rest this morning next to his wife, at the Cemetery of the Holy Rood. FDNY and Baldwin FD did an incredible job sending him off, he would have been extremely proud. Some of his accomplishments were discussed at his wake, and most people (including his extended family) had no idea. He was one of the most humble people I know, and the best father ever. Thank you.

"AdamG", I'm very sorry to hear of the death of your father. From what has been written here, he was well respected among the Brothers. I didn't know your father, but looking at those companies that he was assigned to, as a buff, I know the kind of work he did. He certainly had my respect. I consider your father as part of the Greatest Generation of Firefighters we have ever seen. They broke all the records when it came to fighting fires.

May he rest in peace, as well as all of his other Brothers who are posted among these pages. And Thank you to Retired Chief Jake K (68jk09) for continuing to remember these FDNY War Years Vets who have been called away.

AdamG said:
Adam ..a pleasure to have known your Father....RIP to Him & your Mother.....he was one of the unheralded FDNY greats.

RET FDNY CPT DOMENIC J. CATERA ENG*314......On 2-24-15 at age 79.......Dom had 22 yrs OTJ .....he was a FF in ? then the SAT when it was manned on Spring St in the old Medical Office (now the FD Museum)......in '68 he came to LAD*108 then after a few years he was promoted to LT working in 290 & 237....he Ret as CPT of 314 in '79........REST IN PEACE BROTHER ......PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES........Wake Thur 2-26-15 Raynor & D'Andrea Funeral Home 245 Main St West Sayville NY 11796......Funeral Fri 2-27-15 0945 hrs at St Johns Nepomucene Roman Catholic Church Bohemia NY 11716........Interment at St Lawrence Cemetery in Sayville LI NY.

worked with Domenic when he was in 290.... we charged his office with 2 mopheads in a bucket, ya couldnt see 2 inches.  Lt Catera opened the office door, hesitated, stepped in closed the door and ya could hear him typing. It sure was 'the greatest generation of firemen' he was a class act a real asset to da job....you'll be missed

RET FF JANE TOOHIG ENG*304....Jane Toohig retired member E304 and
former member E283.

ARRANGEMENTS:

Wake will be Friday March 6th  2 to 5 pm and and 7 to 9 pm
Franklin Square Funeral Home
42 New Hyde Park Rd. 
516 775 9491   

Funeral Mass
St. Catherine of Sienna Church
Saturday March 7th
church is directly across the street from funeral
home) REST IN PEACE ......PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

RET FDNY CPT HENRY W PLATE ...On 3-10-15 at age 92 ( 3-1 this month)...RET from the FDNY in 1977 after 31 yrs OTJ....Wake already held at Bryant Funeral Hm East Setauket LI NY .....Funeral this morning 3-14-15 at St James Church Setauket....Internment at St James Cemetery.......REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

RET FDNY FF JOHN F. GRANT.....I REMEMBER JOHN DRIVING CHIEF BILL FEEHAN RIP 9-11 IN BN*31 & AFTERWARDS.......JOHN WAS A FF IN SQ*4 & A REAL GOOD GUY & FF ......HIS SON BILL IS THE CPT OF ENG*168.......REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY (WW2/KOREA) & FDNY......PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES..... www.scaliahome.com/obituaries/John-Grant-6/#!/Obituary

RET FDNY CPT GERRY CONDON....HE PASSED TO A HIGHER LEVEL TODAY 3-20-15 AFTER ONE DAY IN A HOSPICE.... FORMER NYPD ....A FF IN 108 ON SIEGEL ST & UNION AV THEN AFTER PROMOTION HE WAS BOTH A LT & CPT IN LAD*123 BOTH ON RALPH AVE & ON ST JOHNS PLACE.....A GOOD FRIEND.....REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT FOR THE FAMILIES......HIS SON KEVIN CARRIES ON THE TRADITION AS CPT OF LAD*24.

68jk09 said:
RET FDNY CPT GERRY CONDON....HE PASSED TO A HIGHER LEVEL TODAY 3-20-15 AFTER ONE DAY IN A HOSPICE.... FORMER NYPD ....A FF IN 108 ON SIEGEL ST & UNION AV THEN AFTER PROMOTION HE WAS BOTH A LT & CPT IN LAD*123 BOTH ON RALPH AVE & ON ST JOHNS PLACE.....A GOOD FRIEND.....REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT FOR THE FAMILIES......HIS SON KEVIN CARRIES ON THE TRADITION AS CPT OF LAD*24.

I'm saddened to hear of Gerry's passing. He got me detailed across the floor to the truck when I was a young fireman and took time every tour to get me inside and on top of buildings where he provided me with some of the most valuable information, tricks of the trade and hands on training that any firefighter could ever ask for. Thank you for having such a positive impact on my career Cap, you will be missed.

Ret FDNY BC Frank J. O'Rourke  Bn-27. Chief O'Rourke was a fireman in 76 Engine, Lt in 60 and a Capt of 49 Truck. He was a founding member of the FDNY Emerald Society Pipes and Drums. His wake will be held at the Yorktown Funeral home in Shrub Oak NY,  His son is retired from the job.

Wake to be held Thursday March 25th from 3-8 Yorktown Funeral Home 945 East Main St Shrub Oak NY (Rt 132 or Rt 6 exit off of Taconic State Parkway).

Funeral Friday 1000 am St Elizabeth Ann Seton 1377 East Main St Shrub Oak NY.

Internment to follow at Gates of Heaven in Valhalla.

REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

RET FDNY CPT Rich Collins E-59. Wake 3/29 2-4, 7-9 Lindenhurst Funeral Home. Funeral 3/30 9:45 OLPH.......REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

RET FDNY LT ROBERT J. DAVAN ENG*264 ...REST IN PEACE BROTHER....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.... The Father of
Ret. Lt. Gerry Davan (Batt. 42 - FF Engine 276)
B.C. Brian Davan (Cov. 7th Dvision) FF E231/L120, Lt. Lad. 28,
Capt. L 147)
and
Lt. Richie Davan (Ladder Co. 23)

Viewing/Visitation: Sunday 3/29 7 - 9 pm
Monday 3/30 2 - 5 & 7 - 9 pm
Denis O'Connor Funeral Home
91-05 Beach Channel Drive
Rockaway, (Queens) NY 11693
(718) 634-4011

Funeral Mass: Tuesday 3/31 10:45 am
St. Francis de Sales R.C. Church