News of Members

Word on the street is that a certain regular Poster on this site will be called before a Senate Sub Committee to provide first hand testimony on this issue .....

As a side note, I heard that a certain guy named Willy has lost a significant amount of weight . . . which doesn't make a lot of sense, since he exists on McGrub. But after reading about shrinkflation, maybe it DOES make sense. :rolleyes: :rolleyes::cool::cool:;)

As a side note, I heard that a certain guy named Willy has lost a significant amount of weight . . . which doesn't make a lot of sense, since he exists on McGrub. But after reading about shrinkflation, maybe it DOES make sense. :rolleyes: :rolleyes::cool::cool:;)

I think there’s a lot of truth in that
He is getting ready to put on the gloves and get into the ring again

Only thing is, if they knock him down, he says he needs help in getting back up
Just like he needs help in climbing up into a fire truck seat and getting back out again.

Last edited:
In the above post, I will tell the membership here that "him" is actually "me".
I was trying to hide my identity here, but I will share a brief story with you - to only the members and visitors of this website.

I ask you to please understand that "I am limited to what I can say due to the Senate Sub Committee Hearings" as mentioned by member "68jk09", in reply # 2,484.

In October, 2023, myself along with a few others, including; "Seniorofficer", "Lt Q", and "Johnnygage", were invited to this web site owners home, "jbendick" for a Pizza Party Get Together.
There were several Large Pizza's for a total group of maybe 8-9 guys.
No doubt, PLENTY FOR ALL with plenty leftover.

One of the individuals who joined us brought in a bag of SIX Micky D's cheeseburgers.
I was hoping that a few of the other individuals would eat one or two
BUT - that DIDN'T Happen
Instead, not only did I have a large number of pizza slices, but I also ate ALL SIX of those Micky D's cheeseburgers.
I could hardly walk when I went to leave
But I didn't want to see anything go to waste.

That is all I can say at this time.

Members and Visitors, although we haven't heard from him in awhile, I wanted to report that FDNY Retired Chief Bob M., aka *******, is doing well these days.

Some of you may remember that he was the Captain of Engine Co 82 during the peak of the FDNY War Years and a book titled: "Report from Engine Co 82" came out in 1972, written then by the late FDNY Firefighter Dennis Smith, who had been assigned to Engine 82 at the time.

The book told the story of the busiest Engine Co in the entire USA and having the most fire activity during that time.
As a buff in the area during those 1970's, I can tell you; "that was NO Lie".

Retired Chief Bob M., *******, reports that for him it is hard to believe that he has been retired from the FDNY for 27 years now.
He also tells us that this coming June, '24, he will celebrate 65 years of marriage.

Recently, Retired Chief Bob M., was contacted by "Johnnygage" and he passed this information on to me.
I would like to Thank "Johnnygage" for doing so.

Today, February 1, 2024, I got news from "memorymaster" that he has spent the last 22 days in the hospital ICU and Rehab.
He says as soon as he can he will be back joining us here.

Many of you here know that "memorymaster" is retired FDNY/EMS.

We certainly wish "memorymaster" a full recovery and we look forward to him joining us here again.

Lol......Thank God Mickey D's has a drive thru. All responses are by way of the drive thru. At least when Capt Dennis is in the officer's seat.

Last edited:

Actually for a period of time during "My Younger Buff Years", I hung out at that McDonalds on Williamsbridge Rd., across from Squad 61.
Others included the McDonalds on Webster Ave around 172 St, and the one at Broadway and Kosciuszko St., in Brooklyn.

By the way - "A GREAT PICTURE".

While here on News of Members, I would like to mention that one of our members who frequently post here sent me a gift that I received today (Feb 16, '24).
I only met him once about maybe 8-9 years ago and we've kept in touch.
That member being "raybrag".
THANK YOU SIR.

Yes, it was through this web site that many of us, like "raybrag" and myself, have become good friends.

The gift "raybrag" sent is something that I plan to put in my glass case in my living room for display.
For those who might be trying to guess - "NO, it is NOT an autographed photo on Ronald McDonald".

For those that remember, one of the first get together's we all collected at the McDonalds close to the Bronx Zoo

For those that remember, one of the first get together's we all collected at the McDonalds close to the Bronx Zoo

Yes Reverend "CFDMarshall", I DO REMEMBER THAT.
Other famous Nycfire members joined us there as well.

It was the McDonalds at Fordham Rd and Southern Blvd.
It wasn't far from that "First Due At The Zoo" - Engine 88/Ladder 38 where we first met "JohnnyGage".
I also met "Mikeindabronx" there.

A good place to hang out when the fire activity started to shift to the North Bronx, putting 62/32 in the TOP TEN.
Then shortly they went into the Number 1 or 2 spot citywide.

I wish to thank all of the members here for your get-well messages. Coming along albeit a backslide or two but it's good. Thanks again my friends, it meant a lot. God Bless you all.