News of Members

Wishing a Happy Birthday to JJ aka @THEMAJESTIRIUM1 One of the best at documenting the FDNY getting some of the best shots and angels all us buffs learned a lot from his videos! Enjoy your day my friend see you at the Big one!
View attachment 36175
WELL, THAT REALLY MEANS A LOT TO ME AND I AM VERY PROUD AND HONORED TO HAVE YOU AS MY BEST FRIEND AND FIRE BUFFING PARTNER…..YOU HAVE TAUGHT ME SOME GREAT FIRE SERVICES STUFF ALONG THE WAY TOO MY FRIEND…..SEE YA SOON AT THE BIG ONE SKYLER…..

'Better Late Than...' 😉

JJ, Happy, Happy Birthday Man ! Thanks Always for All Your Great Work Here. 😎

Although he hasn't posted here in awhile, for those of us who follow the fire activity in the Hartford, Ct area which is often posted by "EMSR2", he will frequently list photos from www.squadfirephotos.com from the Hartford, Ct area

That web site is also owned and operated by a member of this site who does visit us here once in awhile.
That member being, a good friend of mine, "Patrickfd".

"Patrickfd" is a retired East Hartford, Ct Firefighter
Also a former 911 Dispatcher for Manchester, Ct
Plus, last I knew, he had strong ties to the very popular buff group known as "The Boston Sparks Association". I think he was vice president there.

So Pat, I just wanted to say hello Brother and I hope everything is going well.

P.S., "remember the time I went to visit you in the hospital and I thought those good looking nurses were checkin' me out, when all the time it wasn't me - BUT YOU they were checkin' out"

Willy D

OK, I'm riding the back step . . . er, ladder . . . er, tiller . . . er, fence. But which one is Willy?

View attachment 39130

Thank you "raybrag"
I (NFD2004) am the one with the Big Smile on my face.

But wait a minute, they ALL got a big smile on their face.
I don't know which one IS actually me, "NFD2004" - Willy ? ! ? !

I'll pass the picture around and maybe somebody might be able to help me out.

Whenever our membership reads of a fire in Cumberland County, Va., it is usually posted by member "BFD151", aka Billy B.
"BFD151", a retired firefighter from the Bridgeport, Ct. Fire Department caught plenty of work back in the 1980s, when he was on the job.
Those busy years were sometimes referred to as; "Bridgeport's War Years".
After his retirement he moved to rural Cumberland County, Va., where he has joined the local volunteer fire department, still doing what he loves to do, "fighting fires".

But going back to the 1970s, there were a few of us who all had ties together being a part of the same fire department.
That being the Fairfield, Ct Fire Department, a combination career and volunteer fire department.
There were THREE other members of this web site besides "BFD151", aka Billy B., who were volunteer firefighters together in Station 3 going back about 50 years ago.

My brother George D, aka "georged4997" spent about 5 years as a volunteer there.
He then became a Bridgeport firefighter and rose up through the ranks to Battalion Chief, covering one half of Connecticut's largest city (Bridgeport).
He too was a firefighter during their so called "War Years", when fires hit their Highest Level in the history of the department
He is now enjoying his well deserved retirement in a small village of Connecticut, called Baltic.
A dramatic different lifestyle from Bridgeport to Baltic

Also joining us as a volunteer firefighter during that time was John D., aka "johnd248".
John D., grew up in Brooklyn and had served as an Auxiliary Firefighter in Engine Co 248.
As I remember, "johnd248" joined the Fairfield Volunteers back around 1973.
These days he is living in Stonington, Ct and I believe he is still involved in the fire department there.
I believe his son is currently a career fire officer in that Fairfield Fire Department.

I, "NFD2004", aka Willy D also got my start in that Fairfield, F.D. during that same time period.
I became a volunteer firefighter there in 1970, and left there to become a career firefighter in Norwich, Ct in 1975
Today of course enjoying retirement and WISHING I COULD DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN.

So there were times back in those 1970s that we were all together as volunteer firefighters, sometimes watching TVs Emergency Show, hoping that we'll get our chance to ride the fire truck too.
Of course decades before this Great Website existed.

So next time you see members; * * *
"BFD151" - Billy B.
"johnd248" - John D.
"georged4997" - George D.
"NFD2004" - Willy D.

***WE ARE ALL 1970s Alumni Of The Fairfield, Ct Volunteer Fire Department - Station 3 ***

Regarding the above, I forgot to mention that "BFD151" was also a member of the NYC Fire Patrol.
I think Fire Patrol 1
He also responded to the historic Telephone Company Fire

All FOUR of us, got to see for ourselves the very busy FDNY War Years.
I can also say that without a doubt, it was the FDNY that taught us so much about the job.

Thanks Willy D. Fond memories of working with the Fairfield FD. Prior to that rode with Eng 248/ B 41 for nine years. Still responding in Stonington even though I turned 80 in September. Only do Fire Police duties these days.