Runs & Workers 2010

Thanks for posting.

You have E89's numbers posted for both them and E88. Do you have 88's actual numbers?

TFiq,

OSW is any incident where members go to work in an occupied building. Stuck elevators in the projects are considered OSW's.

"All Hands" differs also from a 10-75, which is working fire. You can have a 10-75 initially reported, then a ladder company puts it out with a can. Or maybe a 2 and 2, or some other combination.

"All Hands" means just that. All assigned units and personnel are at work for whatever the incident might be (not necessarily a fire.) It was instituted in the 1800's with a signal 7-5 on the telegraph key from the box to let the dispatchers know the companies were engaged and would be out of service for a while. It was then transmiited on the bells to alert other companies that they might have to cover for the working units or have to respond themselves on a 2d alarm.

In the old days it was considered a bad effort to not hold something to All Hands. Some chiefs were even nicknamed "All Hands So-and So" because they almost always kept it to a first alarm. It was not necessarily a popular thing to be called 'cause it meant you were beating up your men to enhance your reputation as a good fire fighting chief.

That's probably more than you asked for but hope it helps.

3511 said:
Thanks for posting.

You have E89's numbers posted for both them and E88. Do you have 88's actual numbers?

Sheesh. I hate when that happens. I fixed it. Thanks.

No, thank you, FD347, for the effort to post all that data. We all make mistakes. (I do...just ask my ex-wife.)  :)

FD347 said:
After a few months of waiting I finally got my hands on the corrected numbers. I may have a typo or 2 in there so if anyone spots something amiss let me know.

www.FDNewYork.com/rnwindex.asp

Excellent work Frank well done. Could i ask if a Truck Co. helps an Engine with an EMS call do they not get recorded for it?

They should get credit but those numbers aren't published, at least not publicly.

As 3511 stated "In the old days it was considered a bad effort to not hold something to All Hands. Some chiefs were even nicknamed "All Hands So-and So" because they almost always kept it to a first alarm. It was not necessarily a popular thing to be called 'cause it meant you were beating up your men to enhance your reputation as a good fire fighting chief."

It was also a sometimes practice to hold the all-hands there would be several special calls for additional engines as well as trucks.

I can remember BN Chief's who wanted to hold a job at a 10-30 because they didn't want DC to respond.

hey i also noticed that engine 21 and engine 15 have some duplicate numbers...or maybe its just a coincidence ? ;)